The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Tattoo Thread

Scroll to see replies

(edited 11 years ago)
:/ really want something - wanted one for years. just haven't a clue what to get. when googling things 99% of stuff just isn't what i'm after... something small ish (10 x 10cm) on forearm, or under upper arm or summit ugh.
Reply 302
Original post by Bleak Lemming
:/ really want something - wanted one for years. just haven't a clue what to get. when googling things 99% of stuff just isn't what i'm after... something small ish (10 x 10cm) on forearm, or under upper arm or summit ugh.

You'll know you've found/thought of the right design because when you look at it you know you have to have it! Do you have no idea what kind of thing you want? You could always take a few vague sketches to your artist and ask what they can come up with. :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
People on Facebook should look up a group called UK Top Tattoo Artists. Some of the best tattoo artists in the UK and featured each day and their work is so inspirational.
Reply 304
Just had my first tattoo done today! totally worth it and didnt hurt as much as expected (its on my foot)
Ive got four tattoos but i want another! Ive already got two im having but i want a small one ... I have no idea what though any ideas?

I booked my appointment on a whim, my first tattoo is actually different to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago (I'm still going to get that one, just not yet!) and it's a red balloon. Does anyone have any advice, how much does it hurt and any tips for coping with the pain, and any other tips you may have please :redface:
Thanks! I've read some real horror stories from people, "It hurt more than anything ever" which freaked me out, but I'm not a stranger to pain, it'll be nice to have something good to show for it at the end rather than lots of injections and stuff that don't lead anywhere :tongue:

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Had my first one done today on my wrist.. stung a bit and hurt on some parts but it was okay :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by madders94
I booked my appointment on a whim, my first tattoo is actually different to the one I posted a couple of weeks ago (I'm still going to get that one, just not yet!) and it's a red balloon. Does anyone have any advice, how much does it hurt and any tips for coping with the pain, and any other tips you may have please :redface:

Eat before you go, and take a sugary drink with you, otherwise you will probably feel very shakey afterwards. I did that for my first tattoo and was fine. I had the second on an empty stomach because I only went in to ask how much my design would cost, and they had time to do it straight away, but I came out feeling a bit light-headed.
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
Eat before you go, and take a sugary drink with you, otherwise you will probably feel very shakey afterwards. I did that for my first tattoo and was fine. I had the second on an empty stomach because I only went in to ask how much my design would cost, and they had time to do it straight away, but I came out feeling a bit light-headed.

Some good advice there but I would never trust anywhere that can fit you in straight away, in the same way that I dislike the sort of place you can walk in and pick a design off the wall and get it done straight away.
Original post by Perfect_Gent
Some good advice there but I would never trust anywhere that can fit you in straight away, in the same way that I dislike the sort of place you can walk in and pick a design off the wall and get it done straight away.

I wouldn't have had it done straight away if I hadn't already had one tattoo and 13 piercings done there :tongue:
Reply 312
Original post by Tech
so I found this design about 6 years ago and I've wanted it ever since.

finally think I might balls up and do it, on my left outer shin.

tribal_dragon3.jpg

would be interested to hear general opinions? thanks :smile:

That looks amazing I might have to get the same but on my shoulder blade :smile:

I should hopefully be getting my first tattoo within the next month - before I go off to Uni xD

I read Slaughterhouse-Five and fell in love with the quote 'So it goes'. I just loved the fact that it was repeated whenever something bad happens. You can't change it, you just need to go on...

Anyway I'm looking at this font and I want it going on my side, just under the bra-line.

Should hopefully be having a consultation next week, and then we'll see when I can get booked in.
Just want to say thanks for the advice I was given; I had the tattoo, there was very little pain, I went a bit light-headed at one point but I think that was from relief at the fact that it barely hurt, I just drank vimto and I was fine :biggrin: the tattooist was great (and it isn't one of those places where you can walk in and pick something off a wall; he only does custom designs), I've had no problems with the healing process or anything and can't wait to get my next one! :awesome: I've been bitten by the tattoo bug :biggrin:
Reply 315
I have 7 tatoos, 2 of them take my whole upper arms, getting a big leg piece done when im home
I'm thinking of getting another tattoo when ive lost some weight, maybe on my inner arm. ive been thinking about a phoenix, just in black. any ideas, opinions?

phoenix.jpg
Reply 317
lol why neg me for having tattoos in a tattoo appreciation thread?

This is my latest one
402243_10151107337180174_669204089_n[1].jpg

This is my next one
224828_10151849414060174_663996944_a[1].jpg
Just want to say thanks for the advice I was given; I had the tattoo, there was very little pain, I went a bit light-headed at one point but I think that was from relief at the fact that it barely hurt, I just drank vimto and I was fine :biggrin: the tattooist was great (and it isn't one of those places where you can walk in and pick something off a wall; he only does custom designs), I've had no problems with the healing process or anything and can't wait to get my next one! :awesome: I've been bitten by the tattoo bug :biggrin:

I know how you feel about the "tattoo bug". My first tattoo was a simple griffin on my right arm. After that I have gotten two half sleeves done. I have a half leg tat dedicated to my grandparents. And I have a half sleeve on my left arm of a ocean theme. Once you get one tattoo, you quickly start to plan your next 5.
Reply 319
Thanks! I've read some real horror stories from people, "It hurt more than anything ever" which freaked me out, but I'm not a stranger to pain, it'll be nice to have something good to show for it at the end rather than lots of injections and stuff that don't lead anywhere :tongue:

Thanks for the advice :smile:

Pics. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest