The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Tips on getting a place at gloucestershire uni?

Im applying for uni for 2013 entry soon, with glos as my preferred uni. I'm planning on studying tv production. Any personal statement/interview tips to get in?

Any other info appreciated.
(edited 3 years ago)
I live in Glos. A tip; rent a place in Cheltenham and bus it to and from the Glos uni. Cheltenham is bigger, more mature/older teens, and Cheltenham town nights out are far much more better than Gloucester!
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Weirdest thread I've ever read.
Reply 3
- Have ample ucas points (ie. BBB predicted at A2, beg your teachers to up your predicted grades if you can) and exceed the minimum tariff requirement by a good 30+ margin to make sure you're not borderline.
- Come across as enthusiastic on the interview, ask yourself the questions "why do you want to do this course/what would you get out of doing it" etc, and come up with a polished general answer that you could dish out, it doesn't have to be too long just convey what you're about but don't memorize anything, keep it spontaneous.
- Write A LOT about your volunteering and employment in your personal statement, what makes you special and deserving of a place, and write about everything you've ever achieved because these are things that other people will not write about - write a basic draft with everything you think is relevant, and then over the next few weeks cut it down and refine it so it is at the maximum word limit.
:smile:
Reply 4
No offence, but I live in Gloucester and I have no idea why people choose to go to university here - Gloucester is a real dump! There's nothing here. Cheltenham is a better, but it's still not great.
The idea that you need a 'tactic' to get into Gloucestershire is a little strange. Usually by Clearing they are pleading for ANYONE to accept a place.
Original post by Lokzia
No offence, but I live in Gloucester and I have no idea why people choose to go to university here - Gloucester is a real dump! There's nothing here. Cheltenham is a better, but it's still not great.

Glos for uni or born&raised in Glos?

+ OP did say the campus is in Cheltenham ;p
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending