The Student Room Group

TSR Hindu Society

TSR Hindu Society

"We meditate upon the glorious effulgence of That Supreme Reality from which emanates Existence, Conciousness and Bliss;
May It enlighten our minds and direct our understanding."

Spoiler

Gayatri Mantra, Rig Veda 3.62.10

"From the high spiritual flights of the Vedanta philosophy, of which the latest discoveries of science seem like echoes, to the low ideas of idolatry with its multifarious mythology, the agnosticism of the Buddhists, and the atheism of the Jains, each and all have a place in the Hindu's religion"
- Swami Vivekananda

Welcome to the TSR Hindu Society!
Please join us by clicking HERE

Questions about Hinduism may be asked HERE

The Hindu Academy

Spoiler

The "Shruti" scriptures

Spoiler

The Bhagavad Gita

Spoiler

The "Smriti" texts

Spoiler

Hindu organisations within the UK

Spoiler

Eternally grateful to @jr2007 for creating the Hindu Soc

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ye alright then, if there int one already :cool:

Happy belated Shivratri!
Reply 2
Surprising there isnt already a Hindu Soc but cool !
Im in :yy:
Sumit
Reply 3
well i guess it would be good but these societies are pointless to be honest...
Reply 4
i'll join :smile:
Reply 5
This is good but I reckon with a couple more members we could start some real discussions.

parag
ye alright then, if there int one already

Happy belated Shivratri!

And to you too!
Reply 6
Count me IN!! This society should be linked in some way with IFG, dont you think?
Reply 7
I want to join but when i post a message it will say that i'm a member of the Hindu society. I spend alot of time in the D and D forums, and there i dont want people to know which religion I am. Is there anyway of being a member, but not letting it show up when its convenient?
Reply 8
__WiZaRD__
Count me IN!! This society should be linked in some way with IFG, dont you think?

Dont see why not

papad
I want to join but when i post a message it will say that i'm a member of the Hindu society. I spend alot of time in the D and D forums, and there i dont want people to know which religion I am. Is there anyway of being a member, but not letting it show up when its convenient?

You could be like a secret member (?) but im not sure about that, I guess its one for the mods.
Reply 9
I think the "papad" gives it away tho lol!
i'll join
Reply 11
Not sure yet how to add members manually but we're on the socs panel so everyone can join formally. I need to redo logo, it didnt turn out how it should have :wink:
iv got a hangover :frown:
Reply 13
Unlucky, try drinking water with honey and eat some bananas
Reply 14
As Hindus you shouldn't be drinking :frown:
Reply 15
Can I join??
Reply 16
im hindu, can i join?
papad

i agree!

youve been a naughty boy! :mad:

lol kidding. Although i do think you should not drink.
Reply 18
Can I Join? :biggrin:
Reply 19
papad

Exactly right, its tamas and will make you dull and detract your energy away from your studies. Anyway, alcohol is a poison, you wouldnt drink cyanide would you??

Quick Reply