The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Just found band called The Arusha Accord, the one song they have posted sounds quite good. Might give EP a go when it's released
Reply 1281
SunburnedCactus
Ed Gein are pretty brutal (technical death/grindcore)

From A Second Story Window are more melodic but still very intense (experimental death metal-ish core)

Splendid!

Death Metalcore =/= Death Metal

;no;
I didn't think death metalcore really existed :p: just like adding core to everything I say sometimescore.
Reply 1283
SunburnedCactus
I didn't think death metalcore really existed :p: just like adding core to everything I say sometimescore.

I believe you are looking for 'deathcore' there.... that ever so popular genre amongst the metal critics :p: and with the majesty of bands like Bring Me The Horizon, why the hell not? :wink:
(reserving judgement on description "majesty") :biggrin:
Himsa were once again amazing live! You all owe it to yourselves to go see them if you see get the chance to. Also saw Blessed Apostyle, Rise With The Fallen and Bleed From Within, none of whom impressed me much but they only had a crowd of about 20 or so folk so it's not really surprising. That and the sound quality was poor.
:bump:

Has anyone here seen Metallica live recently? What are they like? Just wondering cause I may see them in the summer.
SmilerNuts
:bump:

Has anyone here seen Metallica live recently? What are they like? Just wondering cause I may see them in the summer.

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/metallica_tour_dates.htm

Someone here will have been at Wembley 07 or Download 06.

I saw them last time they played Scotland, but that was back in June 2004 on St Anger, and was thoroughly unimpressed. Hopefully they've improved since then!
Reply 1288
Saw them last summer at Wembley which was great. They're all pretty much past it though - Jame's voice is better than in recent years but nothing like it used to be. Lars is also getting fat and old - was never an amazing drummer but seems to be struggling with some of the tougher stuff.

Sounding quite negative but it was still amazing for me. Just the whole metallica fanboyness and seeing them in front of the Wembley crowd playing the songs you know and love... Their technical ability may have seen better days but you could tell they're obviously still enjoying themselves on stage.

Overall was excellent - simply because it was Metallica.
Metallica 1983-1991. R.I.P.
I can't believe Wacken's sold out already. :frown:
Reply 1291
NDGAARONDI

2008 resurrection? You can always hope....
If people want to listen to proper thrash listen to Testament, Overkill and Pantera. Or if you want to laugh listen to Anthrax! Their videos are funny.
NDGAARONDI

what are you on about son - the good stuff started in 1991 :p: (well actually i like quite a lot of post Black Album stuff....)

I saw them at Wembley as well - James' voice is very weak but overall it was a good experience.
Clubber Lang
what are you on about son - the good stuff started in 1991 :p: (well actually i like quite a lot of post Black Album stuff....)

I saw them at Wembley as well - James' voice is very weak but overall it was a good experience.

Great. Someone who prefers Load to Master of Puppets. :rolleyes:
Not even a big Metallica fan, just the odd song here and there. But I figure I may as well watch them if they're at a festival.
NDGAARONDI
Great. Someone who prefers Load to Master of Puppets. :rolleyes:

I never said that but they have enough good songs post Black Album to rival pre-black IMO

Enter Sandman
Nothing Else Matters
Unforgiven
Unforgiven 2
Turn the Page
Bleeding Me

To name a few.

Even pre-Black album i preffered the less hardcore stuff like Fade To Black.
Turn the page isnt even their own song
BluesMan
Turn the page isnt even their own song

so? its still good.
Yeah its awesome. Just isnt their composition thats all :smile:

Latest