The Student Room Group

What Is The Average Thigh Measurement For Size 8-10 Women?

I've always felt that my thighs are slightly bigger and more lumpy bumpy (lol) than average. Which seems odd as I'm quite a petite girl, I'm 5'2 and a size 8-10 but I was just wondering if maybe I'm just being really paranoid and think my thighs are much bigger than they actually are.

So, as it says in the title, is there an average thigh measurement for my size? Or does it just vary from person to person depending on their natural body shape? I don't know whether I need to lose weight to get my thighs looking better or if simple exercise will tone them up and get them into a nice shape?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it varies from person to person. I have short chunky legs ( only 5ft tall)...and really wouldnt like to measure them!!!:frown:
Reply 2
Now you mention it, I measured mine and got a bit of a shock :frown:. My waist is tiny though! Its not fair lol.
lol thats a good thing, seriously. :P chickenlegs arnet sexy :P
What's your thigh measurement?

My legs are hugeeee, they're not really fat, I just have big thighs, I suppose. I'm a size 8-10 too, but I'm 5''5. The circumference of one is insane, especially compared to my small waist. I think it's probably fairly common, though. So no worries!
Reply 5
Haha I'm scared to say incase I realise I'm huuge or way too paranoid haha :P.
Reply 6
I'm 17, 5'4 and a size 6-8 and mine are 17.5-18" but I have quite a small frame and no muscle in my legs. I wouldn't mind them being a little bigger if it meant having more muscle!

Thighs seem to be one of those things that a lot of people dislike about themselves and see as being much bigger than they actually are though so I wouldn't worry too much about it especially since you're a size 8-10, so they're probably still smaller than average =]
yeh i know how you mean,

I'm a size 8 5'5 and i have size 34 d boobs but my thighs are 20-21 inches circumferance.

I'm an athelete though and apparently the majority of it is muscle....can't help but think they're just too chunky though :frown:
I'm a size 8, 172cm and I'm:

27" ribs
33" chest
25" waist
33" hips
21" thighs
14" calves

I'm athletic and mostly muscle.
Reply 9
After struggling with a measuring tape..
26.4" ribs
32.1" chest
19.0" shoulder to shoulder
24.5" waist
31.6" hips
20.1" thighs
12.9" calves

I'm a 6 to 8 although my thighs are annoyingly big (ish) compared to the rest of me as they're quite muscley and my legs are short compared to my body. Note- I'm not skinny-fat, I'm athletic!!
Reply 10
I think I need to tone up then because my thighs are 21'' and a bit but there is no muscle on them whatsoever. What do you think about an exercise bike to help or will that exercise a different part of the leg?
PaperChain
I'm 17, 5'4 and a size 6-8 and mine are 17.5-18" but I have quite a small frame and no muscle in my legs. I wouldn't mind them being a little bigger if it meant having more muscle!

Thighs seem to be one of those things that a lot of people dislike about themselves and see as being much bigger than they actually are though so I wouldn't worry too much about it especially since you're a size 8-10, so they're probably still smaller than average =]

your thighs are only 1 1/2 inches bigger than my calf at 16 inches, and I'm only 5ft 9.
Reply 12
I'm wondering how you all measure yourselves. I measure my waist at the narrowest point a couple of inches above my navel; my chest level with my nipples; my ribs just below my breasts; my calves and thighs at their widest parts; and my hips level with the largest part of my bottom (which is about two inches above the top of my inside leg).

Is that how everyone else does it?
Reply 13
At the widest part except for waist (obv) which is most narrow part.
I measure the waist over the belly button, and this is ideal for me when measuring weight loss. I would question whether 2 inches higher is infact your waist, although it is narrower.
Reply 15
I always thought that my thighs were freakishly fat at 21 inches but seeing that nearly everyone on this thread has the same, I'm beginning to think that maybe I thought they looked more fat than they actually were!

Although, I'd still like to build a bit of muscle in mine.
Reply 16
Yeah I agree legs that have that curve at the front and sides of them are sexy.

Especially if the rest of you is petite :biggrin:.
I'm sure you look great. I felt the same way too, tbh, but then I kind of changed my mind about it.
I can't say I have ever measured my thighs lol so I don't really know what the average is, but don't worry if you don't fit into that - a short-ish size 8-10 is cute!
Grappling
I'm wondering how you all measure yourselves. I measure my waist at the narrowest point a couple of inches above my navel; my chest level with my nipples; my ribs just below my breasts; my calves and thighs at their widest parts; and my hips level with the largest part of my bottom (which is about two inches above the top of my inside leg).

Exactly like you lol. Even though I don't think that the largest part of the bum is technically the hips, it makes life easy when you go shopping. lol

OP: I'm and 8-10 and have 21" thighs (which seems to be the mode on this thread).
Grappling

That's how I do it too, except for hips which I measure round my pelvis, a couple of inches below my navel.
Reply 19
As long as I'm consistant I suppose. Can't wait until I can cut.