The Student Room Group

Btec national diploma business, which uk universities accept you with a...

Btec national diploma business, which uk universities may accept me with a DDD (360 ucas point). My second year of bnd business will start next week, on my first year i managed to get 9/9 distinctions on my course works which i was happy about and hoping to get the same result this year nevertheless am also picking up an Alevel maths this year, am confident that it wouldnt affect my bnd result..

anyways i know there is alot of universities out there in UK except a handful that wouldnt accept you for BND however i want to know from experienced people is there a website i can see that tells me which unis can accept bnd or do i have to go to each uni am intrested on and then get their prospectors.

If there isnt a site for it but you know there is good UK university please post them here.. i live in london so any closer to it would be best for me but i dont mind traveling and moving away if its necessary.

1. fairly good university that definitely accept BND is Queenmarry which is located in london.. any more please let me know as soon as possible :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
As far as I'm aware there's no list. I had started working on one for universities that accept Nat Dip IT for Computer Science, but I gave up after a while as I'd already worked out the unis I was going to apply for and got busy with other things.
Aston appear to, it says on their entry requirements that they do but theres isn't much detail about it. I'm in a similar position though, I want to start a BTEC this year instead of a levels but I don't want to sacrifice going to a good uni.

How important would maths be to add on to the BTEC? Would just AS Maths be sufficient?
Durham accept it! Nottingham, Manchester and quite a few others do too. Just check their online requirements. Most will love you for having A-levels maths too!
Reply 4
UCL accepts them look at there website
Reply 5
as far as Im aware, all unis in England accept BTEC coz it is equal to 3 A levels :smile: I did BTEC and i am sooooooo glad, it is so much easier thn Alevel. I tell what, if i did A level, i wouldnt be able to get into uni i am now, seriously
BTEC all the way!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 6
Some people need to understand, most unis accept BTEC, it's a valued course and it's the reason why BTEC is so popular these days.

UNIS VALUE BTECS.
I spoke to the admission people at Aston and they ask for a DDM on a BTEC, whereas for a levels they're asking for AAB or ABB. Seems like they prefer a levels.
Big-Benji
I spoke to the admission people at Aston and they ask for a DDM on a BTEC, whereas for a levels they're asking for AAB or ABB. Seems like they prefer a levels.

DDM is equal to AAC or ABB so it's pretty much the same offer.
Reply 9
AbdoHaji

anyways i know there is alot of universities out there in UK except a handful that wouldnt accept you for BND however i want to know from experienced people is there a website i can see that tells me which unis can accept bnd

UCAS would be a good start.
Reply 10
Big-Benji

That's the exact same offer, what's the difference?! :confused:

AAB means DDM. (basically the same thing)
Scott20
That's the exact same offer, what's the difference?! :confused:

AAB means DDM. (basically the same thing)

Yes, but ABB they still accept from a levels, but they won't take DMM.
Big-Benji
Yes, but ABB they still accept from a levels, but they won't take DMM.

That's more to do with the grading system - lose a single BTEC grade and you've dropped down to ACC. There's no in between. It doesn't mean that they dislike the BTEC, it's just because it's a completely different method of grading.
Reply 13
i'll tell you the difference. The difference is that it is easier to achieve DDD or DDM thn ABB or whatever.. and yes, it is completely different method of grading
Aim for DDD, most universities ask for DDM but if you get top grades you widen your chances of getting accepted into more universities. You’ll be surprised how many universities actually accept or consider them.
Kluxer
i'll tell you the difference. The difference is that it is easier to achieve DDD or DDM thn ABB or whatever.. and yes, it is completely different method of grading

Easy? Ha!

Sadly it depends on your college. I've seen work from other colleges and I'm shocked that they're allowed to get away with some of the work submitted. I wouldn't have been allowed to hand that in as a plan!

I found it much much harder to get distinctions than to get As at A-Level.
Reply 16
snoogy
Easy? Ha!

Sadly it depends on your college. I've seen work from other colleges and I'm shocked that they're allowed to get away with some of the work submitted. I wouldn't have been allowed to hand that in as a plan!

I found it much much harder to get distinctions than to get As at A-Level.

Yeh, i know what you mean. i didnt mean it like that at all.
I personally found it quite hard as i was heading for only MMM but then for the last 2 months i have put alot of affort in my work and achieved DDD (102 points).
I didnt mean BTEC easy easy, i said it from my point of view, as if i compared it to A-levels. For me it is easier to write courseworks than do exams, thats all
Reply 17
Just look on each universities' websites and look at the entry requirements yourself
Most universities have the entry requirements listed on their websites and will state whether they accept or consider BTEC National Diplomas, so the best thing to do is look at a league table of the subject you want to take onto university and have a look on their websites to get some idea where you can apply to. However for each course the entry requirements often differ so try looking for the specific entry requirements for the course you want to do. Don't go along to any open days unless your certain that you're BTEC National Diploma will be considered or accepted at the university because its a waste of you're time if the university don't accept them, most do though. Good luck!
Reply 19
In the end of the day most uni's accept these, so it's really not a problem.

I've checked online and nearly EVERY single uni accepts them, i don't why people state otherwise on here.

Most uni's accetp 280 points and that's a DMM in BTEC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending