The Student Room Group

Favourite Beers

Scroll to see replies

god you guys know nothing about beers..

Duvel is by far the best.
Pure belgian beer.

i'd know what's good beer.. i'm belgian.
Reply 101
Original post by fishes.are.cold
god you guys know nothing about beers..

Duvel is by far the best.
Pure belgian beer.

i'd know what's good beer.. i'm belgian.

I was the first to claim Duvel :hand:

Original post by mau5
I was the first to claim Duvel :hand:

;D you have taste then.

duvel is good.
Reply 103
Duvel's a good shout. Definitely among the best beers easily available in the UK; i.e. stocked by supermarkets and a fair few bars. The Belgians make better beer than Duvel, mind you. Sadly, the only Belgian beers you really see are Leffe and Hoegaarden (ruined by InBev). It's a shame because Belgium is one of the few countries whose brewing heritage matches our own - not that we pay attention to it, as this thread proves.

If anyone ever visits Brussels - stop off at Delirium Café, Les Halles Saint-Gery, Mappa Mundo...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 104
desperados beer is outrageously good....
Hmm.

Can't really decide.
I lke Abbott, London Pride and Borg, though.
I prefer lager and in a pub I'd order a pint in this order of preference: Peroni, Kronenburg, Heineken, Stella, Budweiser. If none of those are on I'll just get Tennent's or something.

If im drinking bottled beer at home I like Desperado, Peroni, Corona, Red Stipe (underrated), Stella, Brahma, Sol, Cobra, Budweiser. If im feeling it I'll buy Leffe Blond (cant drink a lot because its pretty sweet, and strong) or Budvar.

I'm not that fussy tbh but I do like all of those idividually. I'm also a thief.....

From left to right: Guinness, Strongbow, Carlsberg, Heineken, Peroni, limited edition Hugh Tennent's glass, Stella Artois (I also had a Stella goblet but my mum brokeded it :frown: ), Kronenburg Blanc, Fosters.
Reply 107
Original post by ollymo
Tennent's super tastes vile because it's tramp juice , the same as Carlsberg special brew. Basically the lager equivalent of White lightning. The only purpose is to provide more alcohol for less money, usually 4.5 units a can. Certainly an acquired taste. I haven't tried it but I'm sure a standard Tennent's is a reasonable lager.

haha spot on with the tramps juice comment. its disgusting.
The only use for Super Tennents/Special Brew is for when you're taking drinks to a festival by public transport (meaning you don't have a car to put crates of beer in) and want something that'll get you drunk quickly. However, vodka is probably a better idea.
Super Tennent's is disgusting. You can make a half and half shandy with it and it tastes like a full pint with a dash of lemonade :p:
Reply 110
In no particular order

Red Stripe
Budweiser
Tiger
San Miguel
Carlsberg
Peroni
Bud
Reply 112
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
Super Tennent's is disgusting. You can make a half and half shandy with it and it tastes like a full pint with a dash of lemonade :p:

Or you can drink about 6 cans of normal lager then drink a couple super tennants and it generally tastes like a normal pint :tongue:
Reply 113
My local has just started an offer of 3 cans of red stripe for a fiver and having only vague (new years) memories of it before now it has definitely gone up in my estimations. Not as good as an English ale but for summer drinking it does hit the spot.

What's everyone's favourite beer for warm days in the sun?
Reply 114
thought the thread said 'favorite BEARS'
Disappointed... :P
Reply 115
Kronenberg. < I think I've spelt that wrong.
I like Tiger, Desperado's and Bud. San Miguel was what started it all for me =D
Reply 117
Budweiser anyday :biggrin:

Also Fosters, Corona & Desperado.
Reply 118
Hoegaarden
TBH i cannot stand the large lager brands (unless im pissed already then you don't taste anything). It's not that i hate lager, i do enjoy a good corona with a dash of lime, but most taste like water. I like unusual ales and had the pelasure to work at the GBBF (free staff bar yay) and found some cracking beers:

Thornbridge Jaipur (or anything by thornbridge TBH)
Fyne Jarl
Little Valley Ginger Pale Ale - if anyone likes non-alcoholic ginger beer, but hates crabbies try this; it'll blow your mind

Quite partial to a Guinness; which is best drunk after a long walk, in a remote pub in the west of ireland, with the rain lashing the windows outside.

Quick Reply

Latest