The Student Room Group

If I'm 32 inch waist in jeans...

I'm a male, 32 inch waist in jeans which womens size jeans would I need?

The women's sizes come in 8,10,12,14 etc... so which would be equivalent to 32" waist?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ImNormal

The women's sizes come in 8,10,12,14 etc... so which would be equivalent to 32" waist?

I'd try a 12 or 14. A 14 will probably fit you better (you can always take the waist in a little).

Not sure because women are shaped differently to men. For example a 32" waist for women is usually a size 14 BUT women tend to have more of a waist/hip ratio hence you may actually fit a woman's size 12 or even 10 for the hips/thighs but get a muffin top because they are too tight around the middle. Or you can try a size 14 but it might be loose on your hips/thighs.

Not sure because women are shaped differently to men. For example a 32" waist for women is usually a size 14 BUT women tend to have more of a waist/hip ratio hence you may actually fit a size 12 or even 10 for the hips/thighs but get a muffin top because they are too tight around the middle. Or you can try a size 14 but it might be loose on your hips/thighs.

Im a 32 waist as well (male) and got some primark womens jeans which were size 12 and I could fit into 10's but they were really tight. Although they are quite stretchy and it is primark sizing...

I'd say if you want to play it on the safe side get size 14, but the obvious thing to do would be to go try some on.

Also as a warning you may have to wear them low down to avoid crushing your balls, and they will probably have really small pockets.
Original post by minimalpenguin
Im a 32 waist as well (male) and got some primark womens jeans which were size 12 and I could fit into 10's but they were really tight. Although they are quite stretchy and it is primark sizing...

I'd say if you want to play it on the safe side get size 14, but the obvious thing to do would be to go try some on.

Also as a warning you may have to wear them low down to avoid crushing your balls, and they will probably have really small pockets.

Why would you buy womens jeans for? :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by Ice Constricter

I was wondering this.. took 4 comment for someone to ask!

Strong username to thread content ratio.
I'm a 32 and a size 16 in dresses.
Reply 9
:K:

Why?????
Reply 10

I thought this would be the first response but then read the first few replies, got confused and then started to question my concept of "normal" and "weird" lol
If you buy and wear women's skinny jeans you will look like a complete tool.
Original post by 22KT22
I was wondering this.. took 4 comment for someone to ask!

Original post by Preeka
I thought this would be the first response but then read the first few replies, got confused and then started to question my concept of "normal" and "weird" lol

I won't ever know what the first people who replied were thinking.

And don't worry, the OP's username contradicts his actual post!

Because its cheaper than buying topman skinny jeans and they look basically the same. None of my friends knew they were womens until I said they were. So why not?
12/14
Check the site for a measurement guide thing coz it's different in every shop
I won't ever know what the first people who replied were thinking.

And don't worry, the OP's username contradicts his actual post!

Well it's not for us to judge how people wish to dress themselves. I know a cross dresser so it's certainly not a shocking question to me!
Reply 16
Original post by original_username
I'm a 32 and a size 16 in dresses.

Reply 17
Probably a 12
Reply 18
I'm a size 12 in ladies hip hugger or curve enhancing jeans. I'm a guy that has a bubble butt from heavy gym workouts, and actually have trouble with some mens jeans. My "ass" hip measures 40" and growing. I need the extra size on the top of the thighs too. Both women and yes men too, get caught looking, both front and back, LOL
Original post by bj hunter
I'm a size 12 in ladies hip hugger or curve enhancing jeans. I'm a guy that has a bubble butt from heavy gym workouts, and actually have trouble with some mens jeans. My "ass" hip measures 40" and growing. I need the extra size on the top of the thighs too. Both women and yes men too, get caught looking, both front and back, LOL

Strong pointless thread revival

Quick Reply

Latest