The Student Room Group

Best bars in London for 18th birthday?

Hey,

I'm turning 18 soon, and want to celebrate by just having a chilled, relaxed night out with a few friends at a bar in London.

But I don't really know many, because my friends tend to have house parties for their birthdays and that's not possible for me.

So do you know any good ones? It would have to be either in central London (i.e. around Leicester Square) or in south London (Clapham, Battersea, that kind of area).

I want it to be a nice bar, not one of those horrible seedy ones.

As long as you go out with the right people then you should have a good night no matter where you go :smile:
Reply 2
Be@1 Covent Garden
If a house party is not possible there are rooms in bars or pubs that could host one. My sister did that for her 18th.
Reply 4
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Hey,

I'm turning 18 soon, and want to celebrate by just having a chilled, relaxed night out with a few friends at a bar in London.

But I don't really know many, because my friends tend to have house parties for their birthdays and that's not possible for me.

So do you know any good ones? It would have to be either in central London (i.e. around Leicester Square) or in south London (Clapham, Battersea, that kind of area).

I want it to be a nice bar, not one of those horrible seedy ones.

If you want Battersea/Clapham, Babel on Northcote Road is ok, but check that they're not 21s, and expect to pay Yummy Mummy prices. Otherwise if you want something relaxing, you could do worse than the bars attached to the Belgo bistros. Good atmosphere and a good selection of lagers. The one in Camden is quite a good location, and you will find Camden bars generally much more receptive to a bunch of 18 year olds than many other places in London.
Reply 5
If you want central, Graphic near Soho let you book a table, and its not too noisy or busy so you can talk to people and find them. Then there are 100s of other places if you want to go out dancing afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending