The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Original post by Lydia7288
Well im waiting to hear back for cardiff and swansea so hopefully I'll get into cardiff and that'll be my insurance. you? x

I'm not too sure yet, I have heard back from Swansea I just can't decide x
Reply 2921
Original post by lizajxxx
Aww well done! I thought mine was bad too, they asked about NMC and I didn't have a clue! The interviewer was quite stern too! When my UCAS changed I was sure it'd be a rejection, nice suprise lol :smile:

I interviewed for Cardiff on the 22nd feb and I still haven't heard anything, a girl in my college who interviewed the same day as me, got rejection a week later, so must be a good sign. Glam is my 1st choice tho.

What branch are you doing? Is your Swansea offer for Sept? x

I know it was such a horrible interview, they asked me what interesting things have I researched on the NMC, I had no idea!!

Have you heard back from Cardiff yet? I know a lot of people did the last few days??:smile:
Im planning on Adult you?
And yeah, September entry for Swansea, they tend to put the people coming straight from school/college in the Sept entry so we can start at the same time as most of our friends :smile:
Reply 2922
Still waiting to hear from cardiff. Had an email from them regarding my statement of character and they told me my ucas will be updated in the next few days. Does anyone know when ucas gets updated.
Original post by Nicola86
Still waiting to hear from cardiff. Had an email from them regarding my statement of character and they told me my ucas will be updated in the next few days. Does anyone know when ucas gets updated.

hey Ucas tends to be updated in the evenings. I know cardiff seem to do it anytime between 4-6ish!
Reply 2924
Original post by Rhi_Chemo
hey Ucas tends to be updated in the evenings. I know cardiff seem to do it anytime between 4-6ish!

Ok, thank you. Just want to know now
Reply 2925
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I know, I hate how everything is still hanging in the balance :frown:. I'm predicted AAB, I need ABB for the MNursSci but at the moment it looks like I'll get BBB :frown:. I have an offer for Keele of CDD but it's for Sept 2013 so I'd have to take a gap year, the only uni I haven't heard from yet is Manchester so I'm just waiting for them to get back to me now :s-smilie:. I'd probably put Keele as my insurance in the end though :smile:.

Yeah i know how you feel! do you have facebook? xxx
Reply 2926
Just got rejected from Bournemouth Uni, JOY.
Reply 2927
Does anyone know when Swansea is letting us know i've heard some people say they got rejected but i phoned swansea today and they said they're still waiting for info from the tutors, im confused and frustrated lol!! (Im hoping to do child btw) x
Reply 2928
Got an offer from cardiff :smile: :smile: just waiting for swansea now, they said we should hear mid april x
hiya! sorry for the late reply, yeah kings and derby! iv heard back off Kings and my interview is on the 25th of april...scared is not the word!
Reply 2930
Original post by Jo22_p
Got an offer from cardiff :smile: :smile: just waiting for swansea now, they said we should hear mid april x

Congratulations, when did you find out about Cardiff :smile:

I haven't heard back yet
Reply 2931
Just got a conditional for Cardiff for March :biggrin: :biggrin:

How long do we have before we make our decisions? My interview for Swansea isn't until 24th April
Offer from Edge Hill :smile: So pleased because it's my first choice!! Anyone else starting Adult branch at Edge Hill in September? xx
Reply 2933
I am still waiting for my interview for Swansea (24th April) but I can't firm Cardiff until I get all my decisions, how long does Cardiff give you to make your decision? Anyone know please :biggrin:
I am still waiting for my interview for Swansea (24th April) but I can't firm Cardiff until I get all my decisions, how long does Cardiff give you to make your decision? Anyone know please :biggrin:

It depends on when you get all of your offers back by. once you have all ofbyour offer ucas will give u a date on track which you must reply by.
No university can make u reply while your still waiting for other uni's etc :smile:
Reply 2935

if you dont want to go to that uni you can just withdraw your application - i did that as i had offers from 3 and interviews for the other 2 lined up but had an unconditional from the uni i want to go to so just saved myself the trauma of another 2 interviews and another 2 anxious waits for replies lol!
Reply 2936
Original post by Rhi_Chemo
It depends on when you get all of your offers back by. once you have all ofbyour offer ucas will give u a date on track which you must reply by.
No university can make u reply while your still waiting for other uni's etc :smile:

Reply 2937
Original post by Emmense
if you dont want to go to that uni you can just withdraw your application - i did that as i had offers from 3 and interviews for the other 2 lined up but had an unconditional from the uni i want to go to so just saved myself the trauma of another 2 interviews and another 2 anxious waits for replies lol!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 2938
Just got a conditional for Cardiff for March :biggrin: :biggrin:

How long do we have before we make our decisions? My interview for Swansea isn't until 24th April

Congrats! I knew you'd get in:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 2939

If you're sure you want Cardiff I wouldn't bother with Swansea but its your decision really. I got both my offers for Cardiff and UWE on the same day so I withdrew my BCU application and firmed straight away. I got what I wanted so I really wasn't up for any more interview stress:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest