The Student Room Group

Unofficial Maths Unit 2 43602H 7th March 2012 Mark-scheme

Delete.
(edited 11 years ago)
The car de-value one and the pocket money one are both 4 marks :smile:
I think 17a is like 3/4 marks perhaps, not sure. Question 13 was either 1 or 2 marks i think. Does anybody please know any rough grade boundaries/ do you think they'll be high or low? Most people i spoke too found it incredibly hard, myself included:/
I'll try and think, can you answer my question please? ^^? :smile:
Phew that's a relief! I thought that test was lethal... how did you find it? Everyone i asked said they found it really hard:/ Question 10 was 5 marks i think :smile:
Reply 5
yeah, 10 was 5 marks :smile:
same! i came out of the exam feeling confident, but then i realised that i made a lot of silly mistakes.
Reply 6
i think the june 2011 exam that i also sat was the hardest. that explains why the grade boundaries were extremely low!
Reply 7
Original post by Maths0
Can you remember any other marks for the questions as well? Or what question 9 and 16 was?

not sure about 9 or 16, sorry.. 17a is worth 1 mark because all you had to do is multiply the brackets and they've already given you the answer. 18 is definitely 4 marks because i remember not being able to do that question :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
thats what i did for the muffin question aswell, i think it should be about 3 marks? :s-smilie:
not sure about 18 cos i didnt even attempt the question :/ according to the november 2011 mark scheme which had a similar question.. it says you'd only get a mark for showing that 4x²-x+7 = 9x²+6x+1
you'd have to get the subtraction correct to gain the second mark, but dont worry about it!
Reply 9
you're welcome :smile: i think the grade boundaries will be on the aqa website on wednesday!
I get my results on thursday:/ so scared! I really think i failed:/
Reply 11
not sure im just hoping its around 37 for an A!
yeah we all do :smile: aww, try not to worry about it!
Any guesses for the grade boundaries? Also do you think the test was hard? I did:')
IT'S WEDNESDAY, What times are the boundaries released? :smile:
Reply 14
They've updated ittttt!! I was right :biggrin: it is 37 for an A :biggrin:
And haha same, I'm on my phone aswell haha
Reply 15
same here, good luck :smile:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-FC-GDE-BOUND-MAR12.PDF these are the boundaries -(43602h)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending