The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
You beat by 0.55 :mad: :wink:

mine is 7.5 :smile:
7.9 :wink:
making another poem thing. A1 paper, poem names scattered across it. I'm using sticky pads and string to link poems and write about their links and contrasts - including quotes etc. so far i have done 5 comparisons.. only about 15 to go..
Was thinking of doing computing revision but for some reason, I ended up on TSR and started playing games on Miniclip :facepalm:

Must...stop...wasting...time...
Monday 14th... first exam! :excited:

It's French Higher Listening, probably one of the hardest for me, but I'm pumped for it :tongue:

Soon we'll all be in college - I have a feeling that the time until 23rd Aug will whizz by.

:eek4:
Original post by Kwaku_96

Also good luck with English Literature, what books are you doing? I'm doing Purple Hibiscus (love that book) and Touching The Void (No just no). I really hope I get a B in that subject too.

Im doing Heroes and Hound of baskervilles ( The most boring book e.v.e.r )
Original post by Alexandra's Box

It's French Higher Listening, probably one of the hardest for me, but I'm pumped for it :tongue:

Soon we'll all be in college - I have a feeling that the time until 23rd Aug will whizz by.

That's my first exam too! How are you revising for it? :smile:
Original post by usycool1
That's my first exam too! How are you revising for it? :smile:

Checking I know keywords to listen out for - using Linguascope!
Also, myfrance by the BBC is helpful. Not doing loads yet though...

Really need to get a few more marks than I did in my mock! Achieved A* in Reading but a high B in Listening - if I boost just a little bit, then overall I'll get the A*
What are you aiming for? Are you on Edexcel?

:adore:
Hope I get it... really anticipating Results Day already despite not even having done any exams yet :colondollar:
Could someone nicely explain the difference between the form of a poem and the structure of a poem?
Original post by InvertedLayman
Could someone nicely explain the difference between the form of a poem and the structure of a poem?

The form of a poem is usually more specific to a certain genre of poem, e.g. Haiku, sonnet, ballad etc.

The structure refers more to the length of the stanzas or lines etc.

Hope this helped :smile:
Was thinking of doing computing revision but for some reason, I ended up on TSR and started playing games on Miniclip :facepalm:

Must...stop...wasting...time...

I was going to do some revision today too... But I'm at a beer festival at my local pub instead! Can't beat a big hog roast :biggrin:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
The form of a poem is usually more specific to a certain genre of poem, e.g. Haiku, sonnet, ballad etc.

The structure refers more to the length of the stanzas or lines etc.

Hope this helped :smile:

Do you reckon it's possible to talk about both form and structure in any question that would come up in the AQA Poetry exam? I'm aware I'd need to do so to get a safe A* but.. how can I say something insightful about it having long lines? Okay I could say it has enjambment but if there's nothing interesting to say about that I've just given myself a B.

Sorry if this reply sounds annoying but I want to fix this up, got an A* last time might as well try and get A* for the whole thing.
Original post by InvertedLayman
Do you reckon it's possible to talk about both form and structure in any question that would come up in the AQA Poetry exam? I'm aware I'd need to do so to get a safe A* but.. how can I say something insightful about it having long lines? Okay I could say it has enjambment but if there's nothing interesting to say about that I've just given myself a B.

Sorry if this reply sounds annoying but I want to fix this up, got an A* last time might as well try and get A* for the whole thing.

You could talk about how the length of the lines effect the rhythm of the poem, and whether this relates to the theme of the poem (whether it increases or decreases the tempo for a certain reason). Or how it adds emphasis to certain points to make you think a little bit deeper.

You could even speak about which words rhyme with which, and whether this has been done to add significance to these words.

I've just tried to give a couple of ideas here, but I'd definitely ask somebody else too if I were you, as I am no expert at English Literature! In fact, it's my worst subject!
How did everyone's work experience go,whenever they did it.I finished mine at a primary school and got 100%.
Do you mean that you need to simplify:

nr323nr2nr^3 \cdot \dfrac{2}{3}nr^2

?

No, I mean you need to multiply them

And the n thingy..is supposed to be the pie sign..
Original post by Dalek1099
How did everyone's work experience go,whenever they did it.I finished mine at a primary school and got 100%.

My school never did work experience. :frown:
Original post by Kwaku_96
My school never did work experience. :frown:

That is unfortunate.You might need to get a part time job before you work full time to get the appropriate work experience.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
You beat by 0.55 :mad: :wink:

Cos that makes so much of a difference :rolleyes:
Original post by Alexandra's Box

My first exam is on the 15th May and its RE,which should be really easy.
Original post by Dalek1099

Did mine last year ^_^ , why did your school do it now? Wouldn't it be more useful revising topics in class? :biggrin:

Latest