The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

1st Year Shared House!

I'll be starting Plymouth in Sept! Civil and Coastal Engineering with Foundation.

I'm traveling in the summer and it could be difficult for me to arrange a place to live if I didn't get into halls.

Was wondering if there is anyone who's been in this situation who knows how hard it is to arrange a place to live on short notice?

Also, do any 1st years want to arrange a shared house??
It's not hard to find accommodation, you can ring up the accommodation office before hand and they can sort something out for you :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
say for example i didnt get into halls.. would i need to actually go down to plymouth to get a house sorted out? Or could i ring them up and ask for specific details etc...? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by BeckyJayneL
It's not hard to find accommodation, you can ring up the accommodation office before hand and they can sort something out for you :smile:

Well it's possible that I'll be back in the UK 2 weeks before I have to start uni, how easy would arranging accommodation be in that time span?

It wouldn't leave me in the most undesirable housing either would it?
Yes accommodation will be able to help then.
You'll also find it useful looking through the facebook groups for plymouth uni freshers 2012, there is ALWAYS people constantly posting about having spare rooms in houses and that's up till around christmas. You'll be fine! :smile:
Hi :smile:

I want to move into a shared house with a group of first years and I will be attending the open days set aside to meet people who are in a similar situation :smile: I am doing a Primary Education course :smile:

This website explains it all:

http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/accommodation/Pages/Find-a-Home.aspx

Hope this is useful :smile:
Reply 6
That's all very useful but I'm not going to be around in August, I'm going traveling!
Ah right, I suppose you could call up or alternatively get to know people on here and i'm sure there will still be spaces in shared housing for when you come to Plymouth
Reply 8
Yeah that's pretty much my plan, I'm confident I'll have somethign sorted! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending