The Student Room Group

Would anyone recommend taking A Level Textiles or A Level Graphic Design?

I'm about to go to sixth form and choose my A Levels, but i'm undecided and need help on whether i should take Textiles or Graphic Design?

I'm not hoping to have a career with either of these subjects, but i took both for GCSE and got A* in Graphic Design and a predicted A* for Textiles.

Need to know if there are any good/bad points about either and which one is worth taking? Thanks for the help!
Reply 1
Depends what exam board you will be on. I do AQA A Level Textiles and I finished my last exam today - HELL!

Textiles was not what I was expecting, I'll put it that way. I did nothing for my GCSE Textiles and came out with a A, so I decided to take it. A Level Textiles consists of a Science section, talking about molecules in materials, linear structures of fibres and oxidisation for dyeing. There's then an ICT/Manufacturing section, talking about tons of different systems used to plan, make and distribute. Then there is a designer and history section. Just because they are in sections, doesn't mean something from all of them come up. I got the highest in the class last year for a D in the exam. I worked so hard this year for my next one and nearly cried when I got out today. Bye bye University! The coursework is fun but sooo much work, takes 80% of your time.

Then again this is just my opinion and I don't know what Graphic Design is like, so I can't compare. But based on my experience, big no no!

Be prepared, it's a lot of work, a lot of info and very broad!
Depending on what you want to take at university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending