The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Modern World History June 2012

Hi, if you're doing this course, you should probably be aware that our exam is in a couple of weeks :smile: and I was just wondering; how are you revising for this?

I've made notes for half of Paper 1 (everything about world relations 1919-1939 but nothing on the USA) and most of Paper 2 but the thing about Paper 2 is that it is mainly source analysis and I don't know how to prepare for this or even whether if I'm good or bad at it because my history teacher didn't mark my mock and isn't the type of person to look over any extra work you've done >.<

Also apparently the topic about women is less likely to come up in June because it came up in January but I'm not sure if I want to hedge my bets and not revise this as well as the other topics...

so yeah :smile: oh and good luck all you awesome fellow historians!
I'm taking this exam as well. Can someone please put up the JANUARY 2012 papers. I really need the International Relations Papers with the USA 1919-1941!
Reply 2
Original post by ChestnutHero
Also apparently the topic about women is less likely to come up in June because it came up in January but I'm not sure if I want to hedge my bets and not revise this as well as the other topics...

Really my teacher said the war stuff is less likely to come up, so that leaves Liberal Reforms lol...
Yeah I am doing international paper on Tuesday and then Friday doing british depth study retake , does anyone possibly have january 2012 papers and mark schemes or any notes or websites would be grateful thanks and good luck to all :smile:
Reply 4
i'm in year ten but doing paper 2 (british depth study) this time, so hard to revise for! and my teacher said liberal reforms would probably be the one to come up, and that's the hardest:confused:
Reply 5
Original post by ChestnutHero
Hi, if you're doing this course, you should probably be aware that our exam is in a couple of weeks :smile: and I was just wondering; how are you revising for this?

I've made notes for half of Paper 1 (everything about world relations 1919-1939 but nothing on the USA) and most of Paper 2 but the thing about Paper 2 is that it is mainly source analysis and I don't know how to prepare for this or even whether if I'm good or bad at it because my history teacher didn't mark my mock and isn't the type of person to look over any extra work you've done >.<

Hi, i sat paper 2 in january and i found that the best way to revise was just to go though all the sources in the book and analyse them because one of the ones i'd practised on came up in the exam!
As my teacher says 'There are only so many sources they can use!'
Hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 6
does anyone know what has come up so far???
Reply 7
Original post by GwuanGwuan
does anyone know what has come up so far???

it could be that penicillin might come up, or their might be a chance that john snow and the cholera epidemic you never know i suggest revising for everything in as much depth as possible a good way to do this could be that to: list all the topics of what could come up and make notes or write paragraphs from memory including all the things you have learnt and then go back and check what you have missed out. Every one has different ways of revising for me this is the most efficient one :smile: happy revising and all the very best :smile:
Reply 8
I'm doing paper 2 tomorrow..what is the best way to get maximum marks in the 12 mark question?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Cosmocos
I'm doing paper 2 tomorrow..what is the best way to get maximum marks in the 12 mark question?

Writing down a great answer would a good start!

•Intro:...there are other reasons....
•Why the reason given is partially correct using knowledge and the sources
why other reasons may be correct using knowledge and sources
Conclusion

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
anyone that is doing 1939-1975 British depth study: what do you think will come up tomorow ? And what topic came up in January: was women so likely to come ? Thanks and good luck everyone :smile:

Quick Reply