The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR History Paper 2 10th June-Sources

Does anyone know any specific potential sources on (Developments in British Medicine, 1200–1945: The impact of industrialization on living conditions and health and hygiene and the development of public health systems in the nineteenth century) that could come for the sources paper on 10th june?
Reply 1
The paper is not as specific as in previous years. So, potentially lots: Anticipate images/references to PH problems/causes. Cholera was a past P2 paper a few years ago - so might come up. Might also look at Chadwick/Simon/Snow, (key individuals). Could also examine impact of key factors on changes - so technology (mentioned in the Q), could be a topic in relation other important key factors - science, individuals, attitudes to the poor, Government intervention etc. OCR also like to put in unfamiliar sources that challenge and require contextual knowledge - so make sure you revise the context of the paper. Good luck.
My history teacher is leaning towards the paper being on Snow and cholera as it came up a few years back so is due to come up again soon. However, he believes there is a chance it may be on Edwin Chadwick, in which case it may be a slightly tougher paper
Reply 3
Can someone please give me a short summary on John Simon?
Reply 4
Original post by Shanahey
Can someone please give me a short summary on John Simon?

There is stuff about him on the net.
Reply 5
Do you have to cross reference every question
Reply 6
Original post by Loolar

Go through mark schemes as they would give better information about this :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Loolar

I believe that you do with multiple source questions. So, if a question has two sources then you must analyse both and then cross reference them. This should be standard anyway, otherwise the Q probably can't be answered. Remember your judgment as to the Q as well. If you run out of time do it at the end.
Reply 8
The paper went well! What did people think
Paper was so easy! Luckily we'd looked at all those sources in class before as well so it was like second nature to write down everything aha! Hopefully got an A*, which should drag up my overall to an A* as well 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yep went well, however I didn't cross reference on some questions will that matter much?
Original post by Loolar
Yep went well, however I didn't cross reference on some questions will that matter much?

Not really, as long as you used the sources the question asked for. Except in question 6, where we had to use all the sources, but otherwise you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending