The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think its due to a bit of shaving........depends what the size of the lump is etc etc and are you a boy or a girl? I assume you are a girl otherwise you are just a gay boy......lol :P
If it stings/hurts when you touch it it could be a boil.
I had an abscess on my armpit a few years ago. I'd go to the doctors to get it checked out.
Reply 4

I've had a lump on my armpit twice, It went after 3 or 4 days :smile:
And for the record I don't shave my armpits.
I've had a lump in my armpit-it was due to blocked pores or something. It went down afer a few days-if your worried get it checked out.
Reply 6
I've had that before, it went down after a few days, I squeezed it a bit and some stuff came out.. yuck. Mine was probs an infection from a shaving cut, but if it doesn't go down soon go to your doctors, I often get tiny lumps from shaving, your supposed to exfoliate your armpits but I can never be bothered..
Reply 7
Good suggestions here - you can also sometimes feel the glands in your armpits, so it could just be that. Might be an idea to get it checked out, though remember, if you're a teenager, you're at low risk of anything more serious.
Reply 8
Hey! i had that once...yeh the blocked pores thing..squeezed it and a load of **** came out (was disgusting) but yeah..dont worry too much but if it gets bigger..or hurts more..mite be a bigger cist? then get it checked out
think its to do with a gland reacting to the skin being irritated or somthing? coz it feels tender when i get them occasionally due to shaving, like when your glands are up around your neck. it goes after a day or two
Reply 10
yeah if it doesnt go down in like a week or something, go to the doctors and get it checked out
Reply 11
Anonymous
i recently found a small lump in my armpit which worries me a bit. do you think its just due to shaving or could be something more serious??? any advice appreciated thanks.
i found a lump in my armpit about 2 weeks after my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer -so scared the life out of me!

I went to the doctor as it was very large and didn't feel like a gland. He looked at it and said it was a cyst and it would go down. Which it did.

If it hasn't gone away in a week or two i would go to the doctor. Or if you are still concerned, please go.
Reply 12
Hey, there are lymph nodes in your armpits which swell up after an infection etc. due to white blood cells. This is completely harmless and common. Do you think it's this?
Reply 13
hey
if its like a lump under skin it could be your glands as they are in the armpit
however im not a doctor and if ure worried u shud go get it checked out
I can offer another "i had a lump too" it was under the skin, and went down in a few days. Lumps come and go, everywhere, all the time. **** it. If it keeps growing, see a doctor or something.

Latest