The Student Room Group

Just one A level

Hello everyone,

does someone know some courses (foundation included) which are compatible with these qualifications?

A level Italian E
GCSE Italian A
GCSE French C
GCSE English lit. D
GCSE English lang. D
GCSE Science D
GCSE Science 2 D
GCSE Class. Civ. D
GCSE Maths D
GCSE Religious Ed. D

Please let me know, it is very important.
Thank you
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
are you ****ing serious? your trolling right?
Reply 2
Original post by ibs007
are you ****ing serious? your trolling right?

:s-smilie: I don't think any course's take 1 A-level, you might want to take a gap year and get some real qualifications. Also you may want to look into an apprenticeship :redface:, not that you may like it.
Reply 3
No, I'm not. I know there must be very few of them, but I need to know which they are. Till now I've found this one http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/X190/2012
I don't know if any would as mosrt universities take a minimum of three. You may want to look at retaking before applying.
Reply 5
with those graes ou probably won't like A-levels... Maybe go with BTEC? or an apprenticeship?
Reply 6
Take the easy way out and do a BTEC.
Reply 7
I know all courses need higher grades, but there must be some, very few of them, that would accepted those. I have found one, "Educational Support" at University of the west of England (Briston), course code X190. Does anyone know others?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
London Met it is!
Reply 9
I've checked all courses of London Met, no-one is ok. Thank you anyway
Reply 10
Original post by pink pineapple
I don't know if any would as mosrt universities take a minimum of three. You may want to look at retaking before applying.

I'm doing 2 A2's and 2 AS's and still got offers from four of my choices :smile:
Original post by jhubbert
I'm doing 2 A2's and 2 AS's and still got offers from four of my choices :smile:

But the op said he has only has whereas you have 4 grades for the unis to make a judgement on. Well done btw :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by anthony2005
Hello everyone,

does someone know some courses (foundation included) which are compatible with these qualifications?

A level Italian E
GCSE Italian A
GCSE French C
GCSE English lit. D
GCSE English lang. D
GCSE Science D
GCSE Science 2 D
GCSE Class. Civ. D
GCSE Maths D
GCSE Religious Ed. D

Thank you
The minimum national requirement for entry into a standard undergraduate degree course is two A levels or equivalent qualifications at the same level. In your case, there may be some foundation courses you could apply for, but you will have to search for them using the UCAS course search engine, and your choices will be extremely limited. Many universities also expect C grades in English and Maths as a minimum.

You might like to check whether you are eligible for an Access course; otherwise you need to resit those GCSEs to improve the grades and consider adding to your A levels.
Reply 13
Hello everyone,

A level Italian E
GCSE Italian A
GCSE French C
GCSE English lit. D
GCSE English lang. D
GCSE Science D
GCSE Science 2 D
GCSE Class. Civ. D
GCSE Maths D
GCSE Religious Ed. D

Thank you

With grades like these are you sure that further education is for you?
In a polite way - your grades are very poor. Most people as for a Grade C or above in Maths and English.

I personally think that CCC is too low for university let alone one E.

I think that for you university would be a huge waste of an investment.
What is it that you want to do?
Most people take at minimum of three A-levels in subjects that they are interested in and then choose a university course form there.
Why don't you decide what you what to study and then do the relevant A-levels. If you're working form home as a private candidate, you can do two years worth of study in just the one year. So I suggest you take some time to think about what you want to do, and take some more A-levels. Don't just go to University for the sake of it, you'll regret it in the end.
Reply 15
Try Sheffield Hallam and all those with met,Trent and so on at the end one of them has to have a coarse for you.

If not try redoing your gcses and doing more a levels.
You can do it all in a year if you know what do pm if if your interested I can give you the site.
Reply 16
Hello everyone,

A level Italian E
GCSE Italian A
GCSE French C
GCSE English lit. D
GCSE English lang. D
GCSE Science D
GCSE Science 2 D
GCSE Class. Civ. D
GCSE Maths D
GCSE Religious Ed. D

Thank you

.....and i thought i did crap :LL
Reply 17
Can you tell us how far off you were from getting c in all those you got a d in.

The ums scores or something cause you can retake English,maths,science not sure about the others.
Any course? :confused:
you're willing to pay 9 grand a year or whatever, to study any course at any university? Seriously, don't do it.
Find out what it is you want to do, then look at what you need to do to get there, you're probably going to have to resit.
You don't seem stupid, maybe exams just aren't your thing, look into doing a btech or something?
Original post by Zhy
Take the easy way out and do a BTEC.

Go sit a BTEC engineering course then go do a-level maths. Then tell me if you’re able to repeat that statement with any validity.

To the original poster. I think the only real option for you is to head back to college. You need a solid level 3 foundation, be that A-Level, BTEC or otherwise.

If aiming for a vocational course many colleges offer foundation years for people in your position.

Quick Reply

Latest