The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8300
Original post by RobML
What are good coats/jackets for spring? I'm confident when it comes to choosing heavyweight winter coats and stuff, but when it comes to spring I don't have a clue :confused:

I don't really wear coats in the summer, what with it being warm and all. Just wear a sweater if its chilly or carry an umbrella if its raining.

But yeah, in general lighter colours for the summer.
Reply 8301
Original post by py0alb
I don't really wear coats in the summer, what with it being warm and all. Just wear a sweater if its chilly or carry an umbrella if its raining.

But yeah, in general lighter colours for the summer.

Yeah I was thinking of something to keep me dry when it rains, as it inevitably does through half of spring here in Wales :frown: Anyway, i've got sweaters and stuff like that so be ok when it gets a bit chilly

Btw, I found something I quite liked on this website a while back, but I've completely forgotten what website it was. I remember it has a star rating and review system for the stuff on there, but the only sites like that I can think of like that are Urban Outfitters, American Apparel and Burton, but it's none of those. Does anyone know any other sites like this? :smile:
Reply 8302
Original post by RobML
Yeah I was thinking of something to keep me dry when it rains, as it inevitably does through half of spring here in Wales :frown: Anyway, i've got sweaters and stuff like that so be ok when it gets a bit chilly

If its still rainy and cold, then just keep wearing your winter jacket I suppose? Else perhaps a light corduroy jacket or a fleece, something like that?

If you're wearing shorts, then just stick on a hoodie, seeing as a jacket with shorts looks entirely ridiculous.
Reply 8303
Original post by Converse Rocker
Oh I agree that lighter shades are better in Summer. I was referring to people who read 'this colour is in' or 'this pattern is big this summer' in fashion magazines and then buy stuff specifically like that. :smile:

Fortunately, such people are usually few and far between.
Reply 8304
So it's time for a new look,

Desert Boots... yes/no :smile:

Reply 8305
Never before have I seen such a collection of terrible fashion taste all in one place before... wow.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8306
:lolwut: What a ridiculous question.
and what's it got to do with fashion?
Reply 8308
Original post by minimalpenguin
I personally like them, but I feel they'd look better if they were rolled up so they rest just above the knee. I've been DIY'ing some and created some from slim/skinny jeans that I no longer wear. Just cut to below wear you want them to stop and roll them up to hide the raw edge!

Original post by Spoonforknife
This this this this! I've done the same with an old pair of mine.:biggrin:

After seeing that you guys have done this, I am going to give it a go as well (not mentioning the fact that I have little money left to spend on new clothes :wink:)

Any tips based on your experience with turning slim/skinny jeans into shorts? Did you do any mistakes?
Reply 8309
Original post by toastehmonstah
and what's it got to do with fashion?

They sell clothes you stupid ****.
Reply 8310
What was this question everyone's crying over?
Original post by Jordan_1
They sell clothes you stupid ****.

so, they sell loads of other stuff. that's like me going into the cooking thread or whatever and asking if it's ok to work in john lewis cos they sell blenders or something equally retarded
Does anyone else think it sucks being confined to a thread like this? How come we can't have a male fashion forum given the women pretty much dominate this one?
Reply 8313
Original post by satchef1
Does anyone else think it sucks being confined to a thread like this? How come we can't have a male fashion forum given the women pretty much dominate this one?

I have requested this several times, and each time they've told me that everyone "prefers" having male fashion thread.

Personally I think thats *******s and the mods are just lazy.

Lets petition for a male fashion and style subforum!
Reply 8316
Went shopping in Leeds a few days ago and was very disappointed.

Dunno if it was because I was being too picky but couldnt find anything that I wanted except a pair of dull pink chinos (not as bad as they sound).

Manchester soon which I hope is better
Reply 8317
Original post by RedTiger
Went shopping in Leeds a few days ago and was very disappointed.

Dunno if it was because I was being too picky but couldnt find anything that I wanted except a pair of dull pink chinos (not as bad as they sound).

Manchester soon which I hope is better

How can you not like Leeds for shopping?
Original post by Jordan_1
Never before have I seen such a collection of terrible fashion taste all in one place before... wow.

1) Style is subjective

2) Care to enlighten us all on what we should be wearing then?
Reply 8319
Best navy blue suit for around 200-250 that doesn't look like Natwest uniform and is slim fit as I'm lanky!? Any help much appreciated