The Student Room Group

Why is Babar Ahmed being extradited to the US?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Akinfenwa
Dont like the west, leave.

This.
Reply 81
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
you ******* he done nothing wrong open your pork fed eyes.

How do you know Bonged likes to eat pork?

To be frank, pork does a person no harm at all, this is scientifically proven. Its only your 700AD Arabian doctrine that makes you think this.
Reply 82
Original post by nosaer
That's fantastic, but I didn't ask for your judgement on the case, I asked if you had an opinion on the extradition treaty in general?
I don't have an opinion

there are contradictory views on the treaty. It would be ridiculous for me to give an opinion on the treaty after having looked at a couple of articles for about ten minutes.

You also seem to have a rather superficial information on it, since you claimed that

Americans can extradite any British citizen they want without showing evidence. We cannot do the same
while, in reality, neither the US nor the UK have to show evidence

Best
Original post by Chloe xxx
Dont be silly, if he has jihadist views he'll be happier there. Or send him to Saudi Arabia, he'll be fine there.

People either have rights or they don't,either committed a crime or they didn't. Your comment is neither here nor there. You obviously do not use the law to judge people rather your fickle whims.
Team America, world police!

**** YEAH!

-_-
How do you know Bonged likes to eat pork?

To be frank, pork does a person no harm at all, this is scientifically proven. Its only your 700AD Arabian doctrine that makes you think this.

Did i state that pork is harmfull ? Dont assume things.
Reply 86
Original post by nosaer
If the US wasn't trying to extradite him, he would be a free man now - the UK courts have not found him guilty, so that's why you shouldn't think if freed he'd commit a terrorist attack - because he is innocent until proven guilty.

No, anyone suspected of terror involvement is allowed to be kept for a lot longer than anyone else under British law. Dont know about the US.

Why do muslims on here always stick up for those accused of terrorism and insist they are 100% innocent all the time? Its clearly just because they are muslims, and because of that their life is worth more than any Westerners so they shouldnt be in jail and should be free to build bombs and kill innocent people. Its quite disgusting the amount of terrorist sympathizers there are on here.

Would you agree with a westerner being detained if they were living in Pakistan and were suspected to be involved in anti Islamic terrorism, for example?
Reply 87
Original post by silent ninja
People either have rights or they don't,either committed a crime or they didn't. Your comment is neither here nor there. You obviously do not use the law to judge people rather your fickle whims.

My point is, if this guy is into Jihadist activities so much and is so determined to kill in the name of Islam, why isnt he in an Islamic country surrounded by the religion and muslims he loves?

Honestly wish these sort of people, terrorist or just with backward 'jihadist' views would piss off back to their home origin country, or whichever one they prefer so much to the west.

Sad, thats all it is.
Reply 88
Dont be silly, if he has jihadist views he'll be happier there. Or send him to Saudi Arabia, he'll be fine there.

If he had jihadi views, how on earth would it makes sense to send him to a place where he can kill british soliders? :dunce:
No, anyone suspected of terror involvement is allowed to be kept for a lot longer than anyone else under British law. Dont know about the US.

Why do muslims on here always stick up for those accused of terrorism and insist they are 100% innocent all the time? Its clearly just because they are muslims, and because of that their life is worth more than any Westerners so they shouldnt be in jail and should be free to build bombs and kill innocentpeople. Its quite disgusting the amount of terrorist sympathizers there are on here.

Would you agree with a westerner being detained if they were living in Pakistan and were suspected to be involved in anti Islamic terrorism, for example?

Talking about innocent people did you know YOU (uk/us) killed 1.6 million iraqis due to a worthless war looking for "WMD" ? ... And no not all the 1.6 million civilians were terrorists. Please go do your homework talking about killing innocent people... pft.:facepalm:
Reply 90
Original post by nosaer
If he had jihadi views, how on earth would it makes sense to send him to a place where he can kill british soliders? :dunce:

Can he kill British soldiers all over Afghanistan? No.

I suggested Saudi Arabia too, holy home of Bin Laden, would suit him immensely.

Why do muslims on here always stick up for those accused of terrorism and insist they are 100% innocent all the time? Its clearly just because they are muslims, and because of that their life is worth more than any Westerners so they shouldnt be in jail and should be free to build bombs and kill innocent people. Its quite disgusting the amount of terrorist sympathizers there are on here.

Because a disproportionate number have been locked away without just cause. Just look how many innocent people have been released from the likes of Guantanamo after losing huge chunks of their lives, not just the illegal torture. Or look at the number of people kidnapped by British and American authorities under extraordinary rendition -- no trials, no evidence, no charges. You just have to shout the dirty word "terrorist" and you get free reign!! Whether it's true or not seems to be irrelevant.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 92

Read the case and read the thread. I'm not saying he's innocent, though the CPS have failed to find him guilty when he was initially charged. I'm saying the extradition treaty is pants and he should receive a trial in this country. I have the same opinion on McKinnon etc.
Reply 93
Original post by hamzazulfiqar
Talking about innocent people did you know YOU (uk/us) killed 1.6 million iraqis due to a worthless war looking for "WMD" ? ... And no not all the 1.6 million civilians were terrorists. Please go do your homework talking about killing innocent people... pft.:facepalm:

Not comparable, thats the western government killing not its civilians.

Find a westerner terrorist who wants to bomb and kill to get rid of Islam, and attempts to do so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Made yourself look like a bit of a :facepalm: there, eh?
As far as I'm concerned, lock up anyone with violent extremist religious or political views, they pose to much danger to the general public.

Should have thought about that before they started with their backward beliefs.

Interesting. Western woman enjoys all the liberties of democracy, is willing to throw it away in a heart beat.

What is an 'extremist' view? Let me tell you something- the revolutions that have constructed modern day western societies were built upon 'extreme' ideologies- especially in the UK, France and Germany. Your modern ideas of Catholicism are also built on revolutionary ideas of religion- culminating in religious wars that have done profound things to develop your identity. Religious and Political dissidents, or 'extremists' do not equate to terrorists- they equate to people who challenge the system.

And to think you would be willing to lock up, maybe even terminate such people that the state views as a threat. And then proclaim a moral high ground over those nations who fight for democracy.
Reply 95
Can he kill British soldiers all over Afghanistan? No.

I suggested Saudi Arabia too, holy home of Bin Laden, would suit him immensely.

What?! You do know we have British soldiers deployed in Afghanistan dont you? :curious:
Reply 96
Original post by silent ninja
Because a disproportionate number have been locked away without just cause. Just look how many innocent people have been released from the likes of Guantanamo after losing huge chunks of their lives, not just the illegal torture. Or look at the number of people kidnapped by British and American under extraordinary rendition -- no trials, no evidence, no charges. You just have to shout the dirty word "terrorist" and you get free reign!! Whether it's true or not seems to be irrelevant.

I take it that they are looking after the safety of their residents, which also includes quite a few muslims.

You act as though suspected Muslim terrorists are the only people that have ever been detained or jailed when they have been innocent...far from it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/nov/29/barry-george-jill-dando

The fact is, these people are potentially dangerous, if locking them up for a while saves a few peoples lives then it is worth it.

Im sure you'd agree if it was any Muslim country under threat... but then again thats the Islamic hypocrisy the TSR sees on a regular basis.

None of you will ever say 'Well maybe its the best thing for now until we establish whether they are guilty or not'. Its always 'They are innocent ppfft the US government pigs blah blah blah accusing everyone of terrorism sign this petition to get our sister/brother released'.

:facepalm:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
“Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits, but according to who does them.” George Orwell.
My point is, if this guy is into Jihadist activities so much and is so determined to kill in the name of Islam, why isnt he in an Islamic country surrounded by the religion and muslims he loves?

Honestly wish these sort of people, terrorist or just with backward 'jihadist' views would piss off back to their home origin country, or whichever one they prefer so much to the west.

Sad, thats all it is.

Britain is his home.
Are you suggesting every person with anti establishment views should be shipped away?

It should come back to the law. He hasn't hurt anybody and isn't guilty of a crime hence he's innocent.
Not comparable, thats the western government killing not its civilians.

Find a westerner terrorist who wants to bomb and kill to get rid of Islam, and attempts to do so in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

Made yourself look like a bit of a :facepalm: there, eh?

Read your first line it didnt make sense. :rolleyes:.

Try again

Quick Reply

Latest