The Student Room Group

MySQA 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S119234
Sam, did they ever find out what went wrong last year with regards to the texts, and are they ensuring it doesn't happen again this year (although no doubt something will happen :L)

Dude y u complain?
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Dude y u complain?

Cause I was stupid enough not to sign up for the text alerts, Mr Dangermouse, so had to wait until the next day! :tongue:
Original post by S119234
Cause I was stupid enough not to sign up for the text alerts, Mr Dangermouse, so had to wait until the next day! :tongue:

Well make sure you're signed up for both this year. Not that it will be a problem again... :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by mysqa
TBH I hadn't noticed that. But I will find out, don't go away now. :smile:

Have you found out anything yet? :smile:
Original post by Babb_zz
Have you found out anything yet? :smile:

No answer yet from the great and powerful ones. It can only mean there's a conspiracy.
From 2012 all question papers, except ones produced to meet specific Assessment Arrangement requests, will be printed on white paper due to the increasing difficulty of sourcing specific coloured paper stock.

So there you are. Not a very surprising answer after all.

:smile:
Original post by mysqa
From 2012 all question papers, except ones produced to meet specific Assessment Arrangement requests, will be printed on white paper due to the increasing difficulty of sourcing specific coloured paper stock.

So there you are. Not a very surprising answer after all.

:smile:

Does that include this year's exams?
Reply 87
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Does that include this year's exams?

Yes cause she says from 2012...
Original post by Babb_zz
Yes cause she says from 2012...

This academic year is 2011-2012. It could've been referencing this calendar year, or the 2012-2013 academic year. I was asking for the sake of clarity.
This academic year is 2011-2012. It could've been referencing this calendar year, or the 2012-2013 academic year. I was asking for the sake of clarity.

Do you really care that much what colour of paper will be used? Seriously? :colondollar: :colondollar:
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Do you really care that much what colour of paper will be used? Seriously? :colondollar: :colondollar:

No, but I asked out of curiosity and now I have to defend my honour. :tongue:
Reply 91

Man same thing, we sit exams in 2012. if you get the exam booklet then read the part where it says about what colour of paper is used.
Personally I think it's a shame that everything will be white. I liked the pink ones particularly. Anyway, just to let you know that MySQA will be down today from 10 till 12 for some glitsch-fixing so the geeks tell me. :smile:
Though you might be interested in Future Fest, a free event in Glasgow's George Sq on 27th & 28th April. Unlike normal careers fairs, this aims to be as entertaining as it is informative. Alongside job opportunities, apprenticeship providers, academic institutions and graduate recruiters there will be lifestyle exhibitors with their products and services.

It is specifically geared towards helping you get the best careers and lifestyle advice whether you’re thinking about gap years, further training, a postgraduate degree or an apprenticeship.
We're running a wee competition again this year! You could win one of two iPhone 4s smart phones if you are signed up for MySQA by 12th July at 5pm. So don't delay, you know you'll just forget to do it....
Easter hols. When the studying gets serious. Chocs eggs and revision notes are your daily companions. But don't worry, some day you'll look back and laugh! (Hopefully) :smile:
Signed up for MySQA yet? Remember you could win an iPhone if you do. And of course make a particular avatar very happy...
Reply 97
Original post by mysqa
Signed up for MySQA yet? Remember you could win an iPhone if you do. And of course make a particular avatar very happy...

Hi, I signed up yesterday but it says they sent a confirmation e-mail but I never got anything. Is this normal?

Thanks.
No, they send the registration letter out to you by post. You should receive it in the next 5 days. :smile:
Reply 99
SAM, when I was filling out my Standard Grade English Folio tag sheet 2 weeks ago, in the box where it wanted me to put in my Scottish Candidate Number, I only put in 7 digits even though there were 8 spaces for putting in digits. this is because my scottish candidate number begins with 0........ the school ignored the 0 at the front our numbers and just told us to put in the 7 digit number without the zero at the front. The entire class did this. Does this matter? I only just realised this when I knew the candidate number began with a 0

Also, when I was doing my Standard Grade French Folio essays redraft which we all do at the end of the year, the class was told to write in ink and double spaced lining by the sqa whereas our French teacher told me specifically that becuase my handwriting was neat, then i could write all my essays in pencil and not double lined beacuse none of my other essays where this way and she told me not to rewrite them.

Are either of these in anyway bad and could possibly lower my marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending