The Student Room Group

Core Maths 3: Could someone point me in the right direction

Hi there

I have the following questions;

I can see that these are to do with differentiation, but for (i) do I need to do anything to the formula given, or can I just plug t = 0 straight into this? So the answer for (i) is 0??

And also could someone give me a little clue about working out the other questions as well

Cheers :smile:
i) when t = 0, V = 0. Just substitute the t = 0 in to the equation.

ii) Then rate when volume is increasing means do differentiation. Differentiate the equation of V = root(2t + t^2) , After differentiation, substitute t = 1 into differentiated equation.

iii) 10m^3 means volume, V is 10. So, just substitute V = 10 into V = root(2t + t^2) --> original equation. and you can fine the time, t. probably end up with a quadratic. And just take the suitable answer.
Reply 2
Original post by 3uNic3
i) when t = 0, V = 0. Just substitute the t = 0 in to the equation.

ii) Then rate when volume is increasing means do differentiation. Differentiate the equation of V = root(2t + t^2) , After differentiation, substitute t = 1 into differentiated equation.

iii) 10m^3 means volume, V is 10. So, just substitute V = 10 into V = root(2t + t^2) --> original equation. and you can fine the time, t. probably end up with a quadratic. And just take the suitable answer.

aww thank you so much :smile:
Original post by jackie11
aww thank you so much :smile:

no prob :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest