The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G481 Mechanics [Thursday 17th May 2012]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by canabel
i hope the calculation is alright though my ans is different to quite a lot of my fds -o-

Which calculations?
i think it was alright, realised i screwed up on the last question with my rearranging but may get the marks for recognizing what to do -__- only aiming for b/c so thought it was okay :smile: epecially the large amount of definitions, eassy marks.. did anyone mention elastic hysterisis for the material graphs? :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by JuxtaposedJames
No hard maths questions. Some of the wordy questions were a little bit picky and I guess I will loose a couple there. Apart from that it was really nice

what did you put down for the motion question when both A and B are moving ?
Reply 63
What did you guys get for the radius? 10?
Original post by ss2012
what did you put down for the motion question when both A and B are moving ?

Rotation but continuing moving in the right direction
Yeah I got 10 for the radius aswell :/ The volume was 900.... or something so I divided it by 3, then used pi x r^2 to work it out, dont know if its right :biggrin:.
What did everyone get for the angle the acceleration makes with that slope?
Reply 66
Uh 11.7? Or 50 something. I just remember the two angles I obtained but not too which question it came from
Reply 67
It was defo harder than Jan paper.
Reply 68
Original post by TheresaL
Uh 11.7? Or 50 something. I just remember the two angles I obtained but not too which question it came from

I got 50 something
Reply 69
Too many definition and wordy questions than I would of liked :/

Hoping for a lowish boundary for an A
Reply 70
it was harder than jan. hopefully grade boundaries will bw low
Yeah this exam went great.. For the two angles I got 11.8 and 59 respectively in terms of question order.

Also i got 10 for radius in the last one and I stated that a higher density means more mass and thus higher k.e.. is this right?

Also I got 119 kg for the mass of sledge and rider?

hmmm... trying to remember more..
Reply 72
Original post by JuxtaposedJames
Which calculations?

the mass of the man.. u know the icy slope thingyy..
i got 119 kg...
Reply 73
Yup I got the mass as 119 awl!
Reply 74
Yep got 119 too
Reply 75
I'm guessing grade boundaries would be 45/46 for an A. I think I got around those marks and usually I scrape A's so we'll see.

Although test was harder than Jan so it might be 43/44 for an A.
Cannot believe car safety or GPS did not come up... unbelievable
Reply 77
Original post by GoonerMarv
Yep got 119 too

but do we need to - wsin(angle)?
Reply 78
Original post by ingeek2010
Yeah this exam went great.. For the two angles I got 11.8 and 59 respectively in terms of question order.

Also i got 10 for radius in the last one and I stated that a higher density means more mass and thus higher k.e.. is this right?

Also I got 119 kg for the mass of sledge and rider?

hmmm... trying to remember more..

I got 11.8 for the angle with the sledge. What was the other angle question again?
Reply 79
Original post by JohnSimmons
I got 11.8 for the angle with the sledge. What was the other angle question again?

the other anglle question was for the vector triangle and i got 45 degrees, i thought that was right but people are saying it was 53 or something,

what did other people get for the angle?

Quick Reply

Latest