The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by malteser12345
Does anyone else find the Mixed Exercise in Chapter 2 (Further Coordinate systems) absolutely f*cking ridiculous? The exercises prior to this one are relatively easy, but this is taking the piss. I find myself having to look at the solutions on the CD for most questions. Hopefully the real exam questions are not THAT hard.

Yeah I found this too:confused: :s-smilie:
I hope the exam will be kind to us :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Potassium^2
Yeah I found this too:confused: :s-smilie:
I hope the exam will be kind to us :rolleyes:

Solely out of curiosity, why did you not firm Cambridge? No disrespect to Warwick, I mean, it is one of the best schools for maths and their course is excellent, but Cambridge is better, if not the best in the country/world.
Solely out of curiosity, why did you not firm Cambridge? No disrespect to Warwick, I mean, it is one of the best schools for maths and their course is excellent, but Cambridge is better, if not the best in the country/world.

STEP is not easy quite simply, a lot of people miss their 1,1 offer in STEP II and III, a few people realise this!
Reply 4

Original post by boromir9111
STEP is not easy quite simply, a lot of people miss their 1,1 offer in STEP II and III, a few people realise this!

Thanks for answering my question:biggrin:
Does anyone else find the Mixed Exercise in Chapter 2 (Further Coordinate systems) absolutely f*cking ridiculous? The exercises prior to this one are relatively easy, but this is taking the piss. I find myself having to look at the solutions on the CD for most questions. Hopefully the real exam questions are not THAT hard.

we had this same problem we'd spent hours doing the exercise failing until our ex head of maths came back to visit and said it was a load of *******s and to just do the past paper questions :smile:
Haha just about to start the mixed exercise - looking forwards to it now :cool:
wow....way to bump an old thread....!
Well it was certainly testing!
Reply 9
Original post by helenlouise123
we had this same problem we'd spent hours doing the exercise failing until our ex head of maths came back to visit and said it was a load of *******s and to just do the past paper questions :smile:

But the questions in the mixed exercise are past exam questions.... It's got an E symbol next to it.

I'm currently doing this and I had to use the cd for most of it!!! This is soooo frustrating.

Btw can anyone explain the equation of the locus for me??? I've realised that some equations involve both x and y but some are just X=something or Y=something... I don't understand why it's not always an x and y equation...

Thanks
Anyone on chapter 3 yet mixed exercise taking the p*ss

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 11
Apologies for joining so late but I've got this exam in June and I am feeling the same as you guys were, this exercise is ****ing ridiculous - I was wondering how you guys did in FP3?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by tr12
Apologies for joining so late but I've got this exam in June and I am feeling the same as you guys were this exercise is ****ing ridiculous - I was wondering how you guys did in FP3?

You've bumped a year old thread!
Reply 13
Original post by Joshmeid

I think he realises this, that's why he's asking how they did. I think it's fine to bump threads in cases like this, it's when people bump threads to add their opinion that drives me up the wall.
Reply 14
Original post by Joshmeid

Original post by Noble.
I think he realises this, that's why he's asking how they did. I think it's fine to bump threads in cases like this, it's when people bump threads to add their opinion that drives me up the wall.

Yeah I just was asking how these guys did as they felt the same as I do right now. I'm hoping they did well to give me some glimmer of hope, despite them finding this exercise insanely difficult.
YES YES thanks for bumping this thread I really need it!!! :biggrin: I did C4 early in Jan and I found it sooooo easy, and I finished FP2 a couple weeks ago and starting exam papers and so far it's really really easy for me, and I even did chapter 1,3 and 4 of FP3 completely and still finding it really easy, and even most of chapter 2 was easy, BUT I left out the mixed exercise because I had to use solution bank for the first 2 questions and I got so frustrated I nearly tore the book apart! :angry:
It's just so embarrassing but hardly surprising when I remember the EVIL chapter 3 Review questions in FP3 about Coordinate systems. I can do calculus in my sleep, yet I can't deal with stupid Further stupid coordinate stupid systems -.-

Anywhore I'm going to aim to finish this exercise by the end of this weekend. Good to know others are suffering with me :smile:
Original post by Dragonrage973
YES YES thanks for bumping this thread I really need it!!! :biggrin: I did C4 early in Jan and I found it sooooo easy, and I finished FP2 a couple weeks ago and starting exam papers and so far it's really really easy for me, and I even did chapter 1,3 and 4 of FP3 completely and still finding it really easy, and even most of chapter 2 was easy, BUT I left out the mixed exercise because I had to use solution bank for the first 2 questions and I got so frustrated I nearly tore the book apart! :angry:
It's just so embarrassing but hardly surprising when I remember the EVIL chapter 3 Review questions in FP3 about Coordinate systems. I can do calculus in my sleep, yet I can't deal with stupid Further stupid coordinate stupid systems -.-

Anywhore I'm going to aim to finish this exercise by the end of this weekend. Good to know others are suffering with me :smile:

You finish that exercise yet bro?
Reply 17
Closed.

Latest