The Student Room Group

Is there a need for further Business Studies help?

I had an idea awhile ago to create a blog/website, that posts articles on Business Studies concepts, generally focusing around what's taught at AS/A2 and perhaps GCSE if needed. [BACKGROUND] I'm studying A2 Business, and Business/Entrepreneurship is a 'passion' of mine I suppose - I really do enjoy talking, reading and learning about it. Consequently I'm achieving good grades in the subject, and where I study, I'm the go-to-guy when classmates want a little extra help after class. This has led me to my first 'entrepreneurial' idea, which combines both my passion for business and my writing ability.

Basically, my idea is to create a blog which will re-write Business Studies topics, rewritten in a more colloquial, down-to-earth fashion. It's intended to be a fun read with real value to be had from it as well. I've written my first article (which I'll post down below for those interested!), and while it's only received positive feedback from those that I've asked, truth be told I doubt that my friends/family/teachers would give me a straight answer to whether this venture is worth pursuing.

The reason why I've made this topic is so that I can get real feedback from real students who this whole idea of mine will be focused towards. My question is this: is business studies so hard, that there's really a need for extra study material? If I wrote these articles, would there be people searching for extra guidance on the subjects which I'll be writing about, or would my efforts go in vein (I'd be attempting to solve a problem which doesn't exist)? The idea for this venture came after reading PhilosophyBro's articles, who for those who don't know, is a Philosophy graduate who re-writes complicated philosophy concepts into really a friendly/funny format, which'll make even non-philosophy students interested (me, for example.). I thought I'd do the same (without the swearing!) for Business, however it's occurred to me that Business Studies is no where near as complicated as Philosophy. So could it see the same success one day that PhilosophyBro has?

As you all probably know, there's a bunch of study guides out there already, so is there any room for more of the same(ish)? I guess my only USP would be that my writing is more down-to-earth and more 'British' (if that makes sense.) and possibly more entertaining than other material out there.

I'd really appreciate your feedback. I know there's a stigma against new posters with 1 post count and new join date. I can only assure you that I'm not a troll, and I'm a real person (I promise).

Thanks,

Revi

Here is the article, which I've posted on Blogger. It's just the one article, with no advertising or anything: http://barebonesbusiness.blogspot.co.uk/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1

Spoiler

Reply 2
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending