The Student Room Group

Urgent help with "verified by visa" santander!!!!

I can't buy anything online with my visa debit card !!!
I have contacted my bank and they are not helpful at all, and I have had all blocks on my card removed.

Whenever I purchase online the verified by visa screen comes up with "transaction failed" :frown:
It doesn't even ask for my verified by visa password...

Anyone know why, or what to do?
I don't have access to any other cards so I need urgent help, but santander are ******!
Reply 1
Did you manage to resolve the issue? I'm having the same problem and wondered whether you might have an answer. I rang santander, they have no record of the transaction- apparently the merchant have not tried to contact the bank for funds- strange really when the message reads "transaction failed". Anyway, I tried contacting verify by visa directly who informed me I should be using Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome- funny, cos I've never had the issue before using Chrome. I'll give it a go and up date here if I can resolve it. The only other resolution I can think of if all else fails is to get a new card... grrrr!
Reply 2
Original post by mamabiz
Did you manage to resolve the issue? I'm having the same problem and wondered whether you might have an answer. I rang santander, they have no record of the transaction- apparently the merchant have not tried to contact the bank for funds- strange really when the message reads "transaction failed". Anyway, I tried contacting verify by visa directly who informed me I should be using Internet Explorer and not Google Chrome- funny, cos I've never had the issue before using Chrome. I'll give it a go and up date here if I can resolve it. The only other resolution I can think of if all else fails is to get a new card... grrrr!

Sorry I just read this :colondollar:
I didn't get it resolved so I just bought my product directly from the store. I'm shutting this account down now, and going with another bank. Santander keep blocking my card :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I had problems with Verified By Visa with Barclays for over a year. Had numerous cards replaced, locked out of my online accounts and calls to customer service. The problem was I was putting a space between my first and second last name on the form, where it said to 'write it exactly as it appears on the card' which I did.

Stupid. But give that a try...
Reply 4
Original post by ManBeast
I had problems with Verified By Visa with Barclays for over a year. Had numerous cards replaced, locked out of my online accounts and calls to customer service. The problem was I was putting a space between my first and second last name on the form, where it said to 'write it exactly as it appears on the card' which I did.

Stupid. But give that a try...

Oh right cheers for that I'll try it next time.
Reply 5
i have had the same problem. i have always used chrome and this problem only started just over a month ago with cards from santander & lloyds. just tried with internet explorer and it worked.
Hey, please check the date before posting. Thanks.

Latest