The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stay up on Friday night then :p:

It's a bit of a lousy time for us. They have blocked new users (registering after May 30) so that will prevent people hogging all the good ones.

Also, you cannot change/transfer it. I have 9 other people with my name. I want it.

Also, 'home.php' is probably off limits.
I'm gonna be up at 5am just to shotgun jesus.
Reply 3
And what's the difference? Different link?
Does it change 12 am GMT or their time? 5 hours behind us.
Reply 5
Thankfully, it appears I am the only person on fb with my name, so I won't be getting up early/staying up stupidly late.
Reply 6
I'll be in a field in Derby so I won't get the one I want. Oh well. Seems a bit 'myspace' again though.
InvoluntarySlacker
Does it change 12 am GMT or their time? 5 hours behind us.

It's at 05:01am UK time.

Infact, there's a countdown here:

http://www.facebook.com/username/
Reply 8
i just want to make sure no one else steals my name!!

what would be better?

firstname
firstnamesurname
firstname.surname
Reply 9
They couldn't have chosen a worse time. I'm going out Friday night and won't be home until around 7am so I'll either have to pick whatever is left by then or try to do it on my phone. Browsing the net on my phone is a bit crap.
I can't decide whether to get my real name or something Sephiroth related. Chances are my real name will be taken if I can't do this on my phone.
shotgun mileycyrus
Reply 11
People all over the world use facebook. Even if we get on there at 12 oclock midnight other people in other countries might have it earlier??
Damn. I thought I would be the only one with my name but it turns out there are 12 others. There will be blood...
menaa-x
People all over the world use facebook. Even if we get on there at 12 oclock midnight other people in other countries might have it earlier??

No, it is 1200 east coast. 5am UK.
Reply 14
LOL

I doubt there are many Calvin Rossingtons knocking about.

I reckon i'll get the one I want.
neomilan
i just want to make sure no one else steals my name!!

what would be better?

firstname
firstnamesurname
firstname.surname

I was wondering the same. I'd sort of thought I may as well try to start with to grab just firstname, but that might lead to tonnes of random people getting directed to my facebook page....

On another note, they must be expecting bandwidth overload at that time... As mentioned, it's 5am here, but in America it's from 10pm - 1am...
Reply 16
The point of this being?
Reply 17
my name is in direct competition with my cousin!!

what would be best?

firstname
firstnamesurname
firstname.surname
calvinuk
LOL

I doubt there are many Calvin Rossingtons knocking about.

I reckon i'll get the one I want.

snap, my name is rare too.
Reply 19
Oh gooood news. **** looks like I need to come up with a good name for this then.