The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology

Hey, has anyone else applied for psychology at UCL this year? I have but I havent looked round yet! But the location is amazing. :smile: I am also applying for Royal Holloway, Nottingham, Warwick and Nottingham Trent and have one offer from Royal Holloway. But I am yet to hear anything from UCL at all. Has anyone? :s-smilie: I hate the wait! haha xxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't heard anything either :frown: but one person today got a questionnaire from psych so I think the department are finally getting their bums in gear! I've also got an offer from RHUL :smile: are you going to a post offer open day there? x
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I have got an offer from Royal Holloway too! UCL is my first choice so I am so nervous... What are your grades like? I really don't think I am going to get in.
Reply 3
Original post by Beth_F
I have got an offer from Royal Holloway too! UCL is my first choice so I am so nervous... What are your grades like? I really don't think I am going to get in.

I know me tooo.
Well in my GCSE's I got 3 A*s 6A's and 2B's
AS's: AAAB in History, psychology, sociology and english

and predicted A*AA
but someone from my school got 14A*s at GCSE and got rejected from UCL last week, so im not sure how much is weighted on gcses :s-smilie: because she couldnt have done much better haha
I love Royal Holloway, its beautiful :smile: what are your grades? xxx
Reply 4
Original post by xbabycakes
I haven't heard anything either :frown: but one person today got a questionnaire from psych so I think the department are finally getting their bums in gear! I've also got an offer from RHUL :smile: are you going to a post offer open day there? x

Yes i am but havent booked it yet :smile: but i used to live near there so know the area and the campus looks BEAUTIFUL:smile: x
Original post by jem92
I know me tooo.
Well in my GCSE's I got 3 A*s 6A's and 2B's
AS's: AAAB in History, psychology, sociology and english

and predicted A*AA
but someone from my school got 14A*s at GCSE and got rejected from UCL last week, so im not sure how much is weighted on gcses :s-smilie: because she couldnt have done much better haha
I love Royal Holloway, its beautiful :smile: what are your grades? xxx

That is really weird, we have exactly the same GCSE results and exactly the same A Level predicted grades! Going for the same course at UCL aha! Where else are you applying?
I applied for psychology at UCL. I received rejection today but you shouldn't worry I have quite specific situation. As a mature student I don't have grades and A levels connected with psychology.

Good luck to everyone.

M
Anyone got the questionnaire? I fell a bit weird about it, pretty sure my personal statement answers all those questions :/
Reply 8
Original post by frequent_flyer
Anyone got the questionnaire? I fell a bit weird about it, pretty sure my personal statement answers all those questions :/

you're only the second person I've seen on here that's recieved a questionnaire. The other person was international, and they sent me a copy.. but I know what you mean! I answered basically all the questions on my PS, so I'm not sure. Maybe it's just a confirmation of what you've said previously?

How long do you get to answer and send it back?
Reply 9
Original post by downisthenewup
That is really weird, we have exactly the same GCSE results and exactly the same A Level predicted grades! Going for the same course at UCL aha! Where else are you applying?

haha weird! umm royal holloway, nottingham, warwick and notts trent :smile: but only heard from hollowayyy so farr! what about you! xxx
Reply 10
you're only the second person I've seen on here that's recieved a questionnaire. The other person was international, and they sent me a copy.. but I know what you mean! I answered basically all the questions on my PS, so I'm not sure. Maybe it's just a confirmation of what you've said previously?

did you get the questionnaire through the post or by email or whatever?

what sort of thinggs does it ask! goood luck babe:smile:xxx
Reply 11
Original post by frequent_flyer

meee
i got the questionnaire last week but i don't know if its a good thing or not... :frown:
have you sent it back yet?
Reply 12
Anyone heard anything yet from them? It's been over a month grrr
Reply 13
Original post by Noodlzzz
Anyone heard anything yet from them? It's been over a month grrr

they sent me a questionnaire and said that i should be hearing within 4 weeks after sending it back....i.e. i might not be hearing from them for another 5 weeks!!!!!!!!argh
Good to know that I'm not the only one who received a questionnaire...
Reply 15
Original post by linnie99
they sent me a questionnaire and said that i should be hearing within 4 weeks after sending it back....i.e. i might not be hearing from them for another 5 weeks!!!!!!!!argh

hey, atleast you've got a questionnaire! I've been waiting since 30th september.. the wait is killing me :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by jem92
did you get the questionnaire through the post or by email or whatever?

what sort of thinggs does it ask! goood luck babe:smile:xxx

I meant the international person sent me a copy, not UCL! I wish they did though :redface: all this waiting :frown: It just asked q's like why do you want to study psychology. Pretty similar format to all the other subjects it sounds like xxx
Reply 17
meee
i got the questionnaire last week but i don't know if its a good thing or not... :frown:

did you get it by post or whatever? good luck:smile:

It surprises me you don't know lots of people who get the questionnaire because UCL have decided to cut down on psychology interviews to make the application process more efficient, so it stands to reason they'd send out more questionnaires to make up for it.

The only other applicant I personally know who applied for UCL psych also got a questionnaire- not that this says very much at all- and we have two weeks to answer it.
meee

notyettt, I'm still thinking about/drafting my answers! I definitely think its a good thing, any opportunity to show commitment to psychology is a good thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending