The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

People don't put up a balloon to announce that they're having sex.

And timelords do? :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
The only water in the forest is the River.

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given. :biggrin:

Yeah, I really like how that worked out.
Original post by loki276
For a second than I thought river was gonna be his wife or something. Thought the cot was for his and rivers children or something

Same here. F Moffat, getting my hopes up.
Why was River's name on the crib? I thought it was the Doctor's crib?

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given. :biggrin: I really liked the way that came together.

Ah ****, yeah, right. Course. It makes sense now.
Original post by Tasneemo
let's not forget guys that the only reason most of you guys are disappointed is because you knew all the hints and clues beforehand.

This is very true. Though I wasn't disappointed, I thought it was a great episode, I'm very annoyed with myself for reading all the spoilers and things :frown:
I'm so confused!!! So if river is part time lord, then how can rory and amy be the parents has none of them are time lord?
Meh... that really hasn't left me eagerly anticipating the next half of the series. Sure, I want more Doctor Who, but I'm not anticipating it much.
Original post by Miski
I'm more shocked at the teaser of the next episode!

"Let's kill Hitler" :eek:
Have to wait months for that

it was such a sad, dramatic episode, and then they showed 'Let's kill Hitler' and I just burst out laughing! it was like 'yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay let's kill hitler!'
Reply 4948
Considering that River is Amy's daughter, that makes her the girl from The Impossible Astronaut, meaning that River is the Astronaut does it not? Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember much of The Impossible Astronaut

Told you that you wouldn't guess it until the actual context was given. :biggrin: I really liked the way that came together.

Me too - it was brilliant. Reading all the speculation and spoilers etc. really made me appreciate how clever the whole thing was.
Reply 4950
This episode was amazinggggggggggg!

But so many questions left unanswered!

Steven Moffat is a genius though!
Well of course it's going to be obvious or disappointing if you read spoilers, trawl the internet or spend time in a spoilers and speculation thread. :facepalm2:
Original post by LastLordofTime
Meh... that really hasn't left me eagerly anticipating the next half of the series. Sure, I want more Doctor Who, but I'm not anticipating it much.

I know what you mean. But, at least we can hold onto the hope that the episodes in September may surpass our expectations as I for one don't really know what I'm expecting :teeth:
It just dawned on me - how was that ending meant to be such an amazing cliffhanger we'd need 3 months to take it in?
Reply 4954
Original post by slacker07906
I'm so confused!!! So if river is part time lord, then how can rory and amy be the parents has none of them are time lord?

When the kid was conceived, it was exposed to the time vortex whilst on the Tardis (The wedding night when they shagged)

This episode actually tells us quite alot/hints at the origins of Time Lords which is fascinating.

They were also once a human race whose exposure to the schism/vortex on Gallifrey made them time aware
(edited 12 years ago)
I remember a while back river said she was in prison for killing a very good man. I've got a feeling that she does kill the doctor anyway at some stage. Thats my theory, its probably wrong but hey.
Original post by slacker07906

Because she was conceived in the Tardis and Amy went travelling through the time vortex while she was pregnant.
Original post by Kieran?
Considering that River is Amy's daughter, that makes her the girl from The Impossible Astronaut, meaning that River is the Astronaut does it not? Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't remember much of The Impossible Astronaut

Yes.
Original post by Pandora.
It was Lorna who died, no? But I agree about the hype.

yeah, lorna died [why did so many people have to die, it was such a worthless battle :'(], but still Jenny coming back was really talked about. I don't know, maybe she'll add to the story later on in the series.
Original post by sleekchic
Well of course it's going to be obvious or disappointing if you read spoilers, trawl the internet or spend time in a spoilers and speculation thread. :facepalm2:

This. I am slightly disappointed, but I can admit it's probably mostly my own fault. And whether people were disappointed about River or not, it was still a really good episode.

Latest

Trending

Trending