The Student Room Group

Not sure what I want to do

I'm at uni doing a foundation year for Medicine but I don't know if I am interested in studying Medicine anymore.

I haven't got any interests, so finding a degree I want to do is difficult. I have always said I would like to study Medicine, and this has stopped me from thinking about what my actual interests are. If I hadn't said this I can't help but wonder if I would want to study something else.

I'm actually getting bored of Science now that I have done it for A level and again this year. I can't see myself doing a science degree really.

I've been thinking about what I am interested in, and I am looking more at the Arts and Humanities subjects, however I only have science A levels so I wont be accepted onto one of these courses.

Is there a way for someone who has done 3 science A levels and an AS level in French to study History/Philosophy/Psychology at university?
You should have no problems getting on to a Psychology course, however this is a science/social science (depending on the modules) so you might not enjoy it.

Original post by Oggz
I'm at uni doing a foundation year for Medicine but I don't know if I am interested in studying Medicine anymore.

I haven't got any interests, so finding a degree I want to do is difficult. I have always said I would like to study Medicine, and this has stopped me from thinking about what my actual interests are. If I hadn't said this I can't help but wonder if I would want to study something else.

I'm actually getting bored of Science now that I have done it for A level and again this year. I can't see myself doing a science degree really.

I've been thinking about what I am interested in, and I am looking more at the Arts and Humanities subjects, however I only have science A levels so I wont be accepted onto one of these courses.

Is there a way for someone who has done 3 science A levels and an AS level in French to study History/Philosophy/Psychology at university?

You'll have to check the university entrance requirements. Most universities don't require specific A levels for arts subjects degrees - psychology generally isn't required anywhere although as has been said, you might find this is too scientific for you if you opted for a BSc course. With history or philosophy, its a case of checking the individual requirements and seeing what the universities say.
There are a lot of Foundation Courses out there for people who chose the wrong subjects at A-Level.

You usually have to do an extra year of study but you come out with the same degree as everyone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending