The Student Room Group

Why do you hate on Justin Bieber?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bigyouth
that is a wise first post man.

I don't personally hate Justin Bieber himself.. and why would I? don't know the guy.

It's just how obviously formulaic his entire musical 'agenda' is.. and there are people out there eating it up and keeping the cycle of **** going and going. To his musical "talents"... I don't think many of his popular singles feature him doing much drumming or trumpet playing...

The lyrics... well... they speak for themselves..

For what he is, I don't feel he deserves a penny for what he has done.. there are so many bands and artists that could make it, and they're bringing actual material and substance to kick-start a long-dead music industry..( its now a 'factory'.) but they don't, because of the idiots that get hung-up on the 'celebrity' of some talentless 'mod-als'.

boy bands.... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls.... sexy girls.. sexy girls.. more sexy girls...

tell me if you notice a recurring theme....

yes yes yes!!!!!

you're so correct!
to put it simply its the fact that he does so much **** in general, and because those that like him practically have a heart attack when anything bad is suggested
People 'hate' him because they think it makes them seem cool and anti-mainstream and edgy.

The reality is, Justin Bieber isn't marketed towards the strange, neckbearded 20-somethings that you'll constantly find bashing him on YouTube (thumbs dis up if u think itz better den Justin Beener!!11), he's marketed towards preteen girls.

It's a bit like attacking a children's for not being 'intellectually stimulating enough for the average adult'.
Reply 23
I do not like him either, but I strongly guess that when suddenly standing in front of him most 'haters' would rather be stunned and not able to utter any criticism :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by Bigyouth
that is a wise first post man.

I don't personally hate Justin Bieber himself.. and why would I? don't know the guy.

It's just how obviously formulaic his entire musical 'agenda' is.. and there are people out there eating it up and keeping the cycle of **** going and going. To his musical "talents"... I don't think many of his popular singles feature him doing much drumming or trumpet playing...

The lyrics... well... they speak for themselves..

For what he is, I don't feel he deserves a penny for what he has done.. there are so many bands and artists that could make it, and they're bringing actual material and substance to kick-start a long-dead music industry..( its now a 'factory'.) but they don't, because of the idiots that get hung-up on the 'celebrity' of some talentless 'mod-als'.

boy bands.... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls.... sexy girls.. sexy girls.. more sexy girls...

tell me if you notice a recurring theme....

Yeah. But that's how the industry is now. If you like someone better that deserves that fame just listen to them? This kid has worked hard, toured and toured, recorded music etc. Also how many songs of his do you know? Most people judge him on Baby and One Time alone . I liked his christmas album though. Also his lyrics are simular to every current major male artist.. One Direction, Big Time Rush, Jls, Jonas bros, hell.. Even Enrique Iglesias.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
If you like his songs/him, fair enough, but he is not a talented musician. He may have taught himself to play some instruments which is very impressive, but I have self-taught multi-instrumentalist friends - he's not talented when compared to truly great musicians such as Robert Johnson. He is certainly not talented enough for the fame he's attained, but the general public will always credit mediocrity as it's not beyond their creative reach.

Having said this, he makes some catchy tunes and by doing that he's making people happy, so I've got nothing major against him
Original post by Lorem Ipsum

What is German?

Oh dear...
*yawn* Don't care. He's just another manufactured 'tween' idol, marketed for naive and immature 12 year old girls. He's a buisness product, not an artist.
If he's still around making music 20/30 years from now all of those people who hate him now will probably be proudly telling their kids that they saw him on TV when he was just a kid etc. People are just jealous of him - he's talented, good looking and has millions in the bank and he's not even 18 yet. Plus he never had to go to uni or work in a super market - people resent that. It says more about other people than it does about him (or any other public figure/celebrity who people 'hate').
Reply 29
for me (and my friends) its due to the fact hes gained popularity and fame in the music industry despite not being particularly talented. His music is really annoying and the lyrics are even worse. This can be said for most "pop" artists today in the charts, JB is just the one that gets the most hate. There are numerous musicians who are more talented, make better music, but do not get the fame that JB, Rebecca Black and other manufactered pop artists get. No hate for his looks, feminine voice etc
Reply 30
Original post by sclez1
If you like his songs/him, fair enough, but he is not a talented musician. He may have taught himself to play some instruments which is very impressive, but I have self-taught multi-instrumentalist friends - he's not talented when compared to truly great musicians such as Robert Johnson. He is certainly not talented enough for the fame he's attained, but the general public will always credit mediocrity as it's not beyond their creative reach.

Having said this, he makes some catchy tunes and by doing that he's making people happy, so I've got nothing major against him

When you were 8? Without a manual but with rhythm alone?
Reply 31
Original post by somethingbeautiful
If he's still around making music 20/30 years from now all of those people who hate him now will probably be proudly telling their kids that they saw him on TV when he was just a kid etc. People are just jealous of him - he's talented, good looking and has millions in the bank and he's not even 18 yet. Plus he never had to go to uni or work in a super market - people resent that. It says more about other people than it does about him (or any other public figure/celebrity who people 'hate').

For his sake I hope so. I read an article about his career being on parr with Michael Jackson... And the song titles of his new album suggests he's heading.into a different direction.

Also to the thread, he's also a great dancer
Reply 32
Original post by Miracle Day
When you were 8? Without a manual but with rhythm alone?

Like I said, he's a talented guy, but hardly one of the most skilled guitarists the world's ever known. The age he learnt to play is a funky fact, but if he's not amazing with a guitar currently I'm not interested in him, let alone thin he should be credited as he is.
I don't hate him - that word is tossed around far too much now days, it should be reserved the truly evil.

However I think his "music" is incredibly dull, bland, over-diluted rubbish being churned out by the record companies to make money. Unfortunately, as is the way of the world nowadays. Good music shunned to the side in favour of by-the-numbers, soulless drivel that the fickle lap up.
I dislike his apparent ignorance over certain subjects. 'What is German' springs to mind, but I don't have much time for people that silly, so it isn't just him. Haven't really heard much of his stuff so can't comment on that, hopefully it isn't auto tuned as most stuff is nowadays...
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I dont hate Bieber, but One Direction are annoying.

this
Reply 36
Original post by AlmostChicGeek
I dislike his apparent ignorance over certain subjects. 'What is German' springs to mind, but I don't have much time for people that silly, so it isn't just him. Haven't really heard much of his stuff so can't comment on that, hopefully it isn't auto tuned as most stuff is nowadays...

In fairness.. That side of the world is quite ignorant imo. I strongly believe someone can't be blamed for not knowing obvious subjects. They?ve been failed somewhere.. You'll fimd the US is paticularry quite ignorant (not all) to the world. Perhaps Canadas the same.
Reply 37
Who likes orange soda?

Original post by Kenan and Kel
this
Original post by Miracle Day
Who likes orange soda?

Gonna start keeping a tally soon of the amount of people who've asked me that
His music, and him in general, does not appeal to any of my tastes whatsoever.

Is that more reasonable?

Quick Reply

Latest