The Student Room Group

OPITO Apprenticeship - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by mikejr11
Just know people

I hate people like that..

I could come in and say 5000 applicants so far - 10 will only be accepted.
I have a friend who is the head of Opito -_-

So yeah, won't be taking your word,
Dean
Reply 961
Original post by Dean_Reid

Original post by Dean_Reid
I hate people like that..

I could come in and say 5000 applicants so far - 10 will only be accepted.
I have a friend who is the head of Opito -_-

So yeah, won't be taking your word,
Dean

Chill out dude, ever heard of advice?
Hey all, new to this. I've applied to Opito for the first time, currently studying a course in Pneumatics & Hydraulics at college, having previously been in the Merchant Navy. Received my acceptance letter for my initial application and waiting to hear about test dates. Anyone heard more information regarding this? I'm from Glasgow and I am asking as I may have the opportunity to work abroad for a month or 2 in the summer period but would like to know from people with previous experiences applying would the application process run through into the summer months or could it all be done by then? Obviously my Opito application is my main priority though. Any advice greatly appreciated, Andy
Original post by DirkDiggler92

Hey all, new to this. I've applied to Opito for the first time, currently studying a course in Pneumatics & Hydraulics at college, having previously been in the Merchant Navy. Received my acceptance letter for my initial application and waiting to hear about test dates. Anyone heard more information regarding this? I'm from Glasgow and I am asking as I may have the opportunity to work abroad for a month or 2 in the summer period but would like to know from people with previous experiences applying would the application process run through into the summer months or could it all be done by then? Obviously my Opito application is my main priority though. Any advice greatly appreciated, Andy

Aptitude tests run all summer depending on where u live, u get results 2 weeks later, if u passed all units u get one interview a few weeks after; if u get thru that interview u get another interview with the HR people from the company sponsoring u, if u pass that, u get a medical- colour bind test blah blah- if u pass that, u star college in September :smile:

I couldn't go on holiday last year cos i didn't know when my test would be or my interviews, it's stupid really, after spending all summer stuck in Scotland i still didn't get it :frown:
cheers pal, so the tests could begin months away..? rather get them done asap lol
Reply 965
Original post by C_016

Original post by C_016
Awrite! just asking because i wanted to see if i did by chance end up getting accepted would like to know if there would be any girls my age 17/18?
But i do tend to get along with boys well too. :smile:

Im a girl and I'll be 18 in may :smile:

cheers pal, so the tests could begin months away..? rather get them done asap lol

I think it depends on when U apply, but I'm not sure. The process draws on forever and they don't give definite dates for anything, they seem to set dates after each stage. Just don't plans ur holidays yet :tongue:
Reply 967
hey guys i would like some information from those who have been accepted,
what did you do in the aptitude test and how did you revise for them
thankss !!
Original post by addi786
hey guys i would like some information from those who have been accepted,
what did you do in the aptitude test and how did you revise for them
thankss !!

shl tests, take like 5 of them :smile:
Reply 969
thanks + have you done the test, if you have how are they
Original post by addi786
thanks + have you done the test, if you have how are they

yes I did them last year, they're really easy(minus the weird one with controls) if U pratice a couple of times. Just do a lot of pratice tests, don't start reading useless textbooks.
Reply 971
thanks mann and do you have to get full marks in each paper to get accepted
Original post by addi786
thanks mann and do you have to get full marks in each paper to get accepted

U don't have to get full marks, I dunno how much U have to get. And I'm a girl :P
Reply 973
ohh sorri didnt kno
OMG I got my letter for the test today! Who else got theirs?
When did you apply and when is your assessment? I'm still waiting for the dates of mine. I'm waiting for the postman every day! Haha.
Original post by Nameismark87
When did you apply and when is your assessment? I'm still waiting for the dates of mine. I'm waiting for the postman every day! Haha.

I applied 1st/2nd week in January my test is next friday
I applied around the same time. Hopefully get something through soon. Where about do you have to go to do your assessment?
Original post by Nameismark87
I applied around the same time. Hopefully get something through soon. Where about do you have to go to do your assessment?

the sooner it's out if the way, the better :smile: I have to go to portlethen, still need to find where that is :tongue:
Reply 979
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has recieved a letter saying that theyve forwarded your application to ECITB?

cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest