Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _brightstar
Dentistry offer from Kingggssss :smile:

this 'inside the m25 ring road' thing is really annoying though

Congrats ! :smile: Seriously I'm sooo eager to start already !
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 181
Original post by Campsa
I sent my application on the 7th of November and yes, I applied to read straight Politics at Bristol... the other courses didn't really appeal to me! International Politics at King's seems more interesting than straight Politics at Bristol though from what I have seen on their respective websites.

Have you also applied to do Politics?

Yep I think so... I didn't apply to Bristol in the end !
& yeah, still waiting for an answer but I applied just before the january deadline so...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 182

It is very annoying :frown:
Reply 183
OFFER FOR INTERNATIONAL POLITICS! Buzzing. How do I check whether I got accommodation??
Thought I would introduce myself! :biggrin:

Just firmed English Literature. Am on a gap year so done my a-levels already. :colone:

Would be great to hear from others. :smile:

(I over-use smilies.)
Reply 185
Offer for International Politics ! I still can't believe it.
It's raining offers ! Congratulations to all of you guys.
Original post by Olive12
It is very annoying :frown:

:frown:

i have a couple of friends who got halls for second term this year though so I guess we could get private halls and then transfer halfway through the year?
Reply 188
Original post by nimanim
OFFER FOR INTERNATIONAL POLITICS! Buzzing. How do I check whether I got accommodation??

Woo! Are you firming Kings then?

Also, you need to apply for accommodation through the website and I don't think they decide on who gets accommodation until after A-level results are out. So a long wait...awaits :s-smilie:
Just as a heads up to people within the M25 who got offers and are wondering about accommodation. Your chances of getting anything for freshers are pretty damn slim, but you're very likely to get accommodation if you don't mind reapplying after the initial allocation and commuting for the first few months.
Reply 190
Original post by Campsa
Woo! Are you firming Kings then?

Also, you need to apply for accommodation through the website and I don't think they decide on who gets accommodation until after A-level results are out. So a long wait...awaits :s-smilie:

Not sure. Ive got Warwick! And still awaiting LSE and St Andrews. Need to go look round a decide.

Accommodation is the real big one for me. Do you know whether people outside M25 are Guaranteed a place? Thats what ive heard, but im really not sure!
Reply 191
Original post by coconut2456
Just as a heads up to people within the M25 who got offers and are wondering about accommodation. Your chances of getting anything for freshers are pretty damn slim, but you're very likely to get accommodation if you don't mind reapplying after the initial allocation and commuting for the first few months.

If you are outside m25, even by a little, does that mean you get a place somewhere in the first year?
Original post by nimanim
If you are outside m25, even by a little, does that mean you get a place somewhere in the first year?

It's no guarantee but your chances are quite a bit higher
Reply 193
Mathematics with management & finance :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194

I knoow, that is the one thing that puts me off Kings :frown:
Was looking at UNITE accommodation, but I'm really not sure, I'd want to be with other students from Kings!
Reply 195
conditional for classical studies with English! :biggrin:
Original post by ms93
I knoow, that is the one thing that puts me off Kings :frown:
Was looking at UNITE accommodation, but I'm really not sure, I'd want to be with other students from Kings!

sameee, it's becoming a deciding factor for me which is really annoying because i would've taken the offer in a heartbeat otherwise!
Reply 197
sameee, it's becoming a deciding factor for me which is really annoying because i would've taken the offer in a heartbeat otherwise!

Yep same for me, just because of accommodation I can't choose between Kings and Nottingham!
Reply 198
Does anyone know if you can defer your entry at this time if your holding an offer?
Reply 199

What are you going to do if you don't get accommodation, are you going to live at home? Or private sector?

Quick Reply

Latest