The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Liverpool Hope CRB Check

Just wondered if anyone is in the same postition as me / been in it / know what i need to do.

Liverpool hope is my insurance choice and my offer from them is this:

'This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points to include 200 points from A2 level examinations. Receipt of Enhanced Criminal Records disclosure'

Does this mean i have to have a CRB check when i get my resutls or if i end up not getting my firm choice i get one then?

I did e-mail the uni the following message:

'I'm just writing to ask if I need to be doing anything about getting a CRB Check as i've applied to study Education with History starting in September and it says its one of the requirements along with my grades but i've not heard anything about when/where to apply for one. I wasn't sure if this was due to the fact that Hope is my insurance choice or not, but thought i'd better make sure i'm doing the right thing at the right time.'

and the response i recieved was this:

'Yes that is correct we do not send information regarding CRB to our insurance applicants.'

so does that mean i have to get one like now or when i get in?
if i dont get one does this mean i wont get a place?

If anyone can help ill be forever in your debt x
Reply 1
If you're not accepted to your firm, then you'll have to do a CRB check for your insurance. Normally they give you 1-3 months after the their offer deadline to get a check done, I think.
That's what I've been told and I'm doing Nursing so I need a CRB check too.
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much, im holding you to this now XD
I just started to panic as my friend who went last year had to have hers done before her results but she had it as her firm choice, so when i got the email back which basically said nothing i was fretting x
Reply 3
Original post by CescaBeth
Just wondered if anyone is in the same postition as me / been in it / know what i need to do.

Liverpool hope is my insurance choice and my offer from them is this:

'This offer is subject to you obtaining A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points to include 200 points from A2 level examinations. Receipt of Enhanced Criminal Records disclosure'

Does this mean i have to have a CRB check when i get my resutls or if i end up not getting my firm choice i get one then?

I did e-mail the uni the following message:

'I'm just writing to ask if I need to be doing anything about getting a CRB Check as i've applied to study Education with History starting in September and it says its one of the requirements along with my grades but i've not heard anything about when/where to apply for one. I wasn't sure if this was due to the fact that Hope is my insurance choice or not, but thought i'd better make sure i'm doing the right thing at the right time.'

and the response i recieved was this:

'Yes that is correct we do not send information regarding CRB to our insurance applicants.'

so does that mean i have to get one like now or when i get in?
if i dont get one does this mean i wont get a place?

If anyone can help ill be forever in your debt x

Hi!!

I'm starting at Hope in september studying the same - Education and History. I wasn't sure I needed a CRB check though... Hope were my first choice, and I have sent my results slip off but they havent confirmed my place on UCAS yet!! Although I did recieve my accomodation offer Friday and I have paid the deposit for this, so I hope my place is still there!! Im worrying about this CRB check now as it hasnt been mentioned to me...
Hi
I've been accepted at Hope to do Education and Early Childhood and I need a CRB check, the letter I recieved didn't mention anything about CRB they just said they would send me more information closer to the start date (24/9/12) so I presume everything I need to do will be included in that ????
Reply 5
Original post by jennap
Hi!!

I'm starting at Hope in september studying the same - Education and History. I wasn't sure I needed a CRB check though... Hope were my first choice, and I have sent my results slip off but they havent confirmed my place on UCAS yet!! Although I did recieve my accomodation offer Friday and I have paid the deposit for this, so I hope my place is still there!! Im worrying about this CRB check now as it hasnt been mentioned to me...

hey

i was able to get into my firm choice and although im doing history and education there they havent said anything about a CRB check so i honestly have no clue anymore =/
But hey the uni says 'jump' and we have to respond with 'how high?'
Reply 6
hey

i was able to get into my firm choice and although im doing history and education there they havent said anything about a CRB check so i honestly have no clue anymore =/
But hey the uni says 'jump' and we have to respond with 'how high?'

Your the second person I have found who is on my course!! Was beginning to think it was just me!! You staying in accomodation at the uni or living at home??

Yeah they haven't said anything about this CRB to me either, but I actually had one a few weeks ago with my job I started for the summer!! Didnt even realise!!
x
Reply 7
Original post by jennap
Your the second person I have found who is on my course!! Was beginning to think it was just me!!

It might still just be you XD i've ended up in a uni in wales XD (that was my firm)
Reply 8
It might still just be you XD i've ended up in a uni in wales XD (that was my firm)

Oh no!! haha!! Well, good luck with everything :smile: x
Reply 9
Original post by jennap
Oh no!! haha!! Well, good luck with everything :smile: x

Same to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest