The Student Room Group

Can't be myself around him :(

I recently started dating this lovely guy, and I just can't be myself around him....to the point where he thinks I am a 'quiet' person, he said it isn't a bad thing though, but thats not the point because I'm not a quiet person I'm quite bubbly chatty etc, but because I like him a lot I just can't be myself around him and I'm worried he might get bored because he doesn't know the real me yet :frown:

Any advice?? as to how I can stop being so concious about what i say etc? and just be myself...it's sooooo annnoying!!!!!!!! argh
Reply 1
He's not the one for you :frown:
Stop worrying about what he thinks so much and just let your guard down a bit. He's already dating you which means he's clearly into you... He needs to know the real you, so that he can fall for the person you truly are. :smile:
Reply 3
Amandeep_Psych07
Stop worrying about what he thinks so much and just let your guard down a bit. He's already dating you which means he's clearly into you... He needs to know the real you, so that he can fall for the person you truly are. :smile:

thanks and I know that.,...but its putting my guard down thats the hard bit it's so odd really cos I can be myself with anyone! i just need to loosen up a bit not be so timid...but question is how? maybe time? cos i've known him only almost 2 weeks.
yerr give it time
time.
and dont think about it being awkward/you not being yourself...if you concentrate on it you won't be able to losen up
sounds cheesy but say to yourself something like: 'i am interesting, he's lucky to be with ME.' just general stuff to keep you positive!
Reply 6
Do you feel right around him? Because, if something doesn't feel right, deep inside, it usually isn't.
If however you do genuinely like him and are just shy because of this, I'd follow the above advice and try to think positively about yourself! :smile:
I think thinking like thisis going to make it worse, you are obviously worried that something you are going to say is going to sour the relationship. Knowing him only 2 weeks is bound to have an aspect in the reason you feel like this, your getting to know one another, and that can take time. As soon as you feel really comfortable with him im sure you will have a problem keeping you quiet :p:

Just give it some time and see if you feel it any easier to speak to him, when you know one another better :smile:
Reply 8
Give it time. And try talking on the phone more, its easier to be yourself if you're not conscious of being watched and it helps put you at ease.
Reply 9
You could just go on like that for the rest of your life. Or start talking.

Latest