The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

HC1 Form

Hi all, i recently had to shell out a ridiculous amount of money for the dentist, and will have to pay out more in a couple of weeks time. obviously being a student this is gonna be a bit of a problem, so i was wondering if anybody knew the criteria for receiving a HC2 certtificate?
Reply 1
YEP but I had to lie a little on it
Reply 2
I only get 75% of a full student loan

Had to pretend parents only give me £40 a month to live on

Do you work ? I didnt work so its not a lot
It's just based on your income, they can give you a 6 month one if your income's borderline or a 12 month one if its low. I was on a £3300 loan + £200 a month from my parents and got a 12 month form with no bother at all. You just have to send them your student loan certificate (it says in the HC1 which bit of paper) and the HC1 and they'll post the certificate and the HC2 out within about 2-3 weeks. It only covers certain dental treatments and you usually have to pay the first £15 for a check up, then £30, £50 or £100 depending on what else you have done.

Hope that helps.
Reply 4
At the moment i'm studying a ND course full time, and am in receipt of Adult Learner Grant,of £30 a week, i also live with my parents so is any of this going to count against me. I also don't work
Reply 5
Oh I see. Well I think you will be fine.

Apply
michaela_banana
It's just based on your income, they can give you a 6 month one if your income's borderline or a 12 month one if its low. I was on a £3300 loan + £200 a month from my parents and got a 12 month form with no bother at all. You just have to send them your student loan certificate (it says in the HC1 which bit of paper) and the HC1 and they'll post the certificate and the HC2 out within about 2-3 weeks. It only covers certain dental treatments and you usually have to pay the first £15 for a check up, then £30, £50 or £100 depending on what else you have done.

Hope that helps.

If you get FULL support - you don't have to pay for any NHS treatment - including dental checkups...
Reply 7
Ok thanks for the advice everyone, i'll get a form and apply
Reply 8
You get a grant you'll get HC1 form. I dont get a grant so I think you will be okay.
would a HC2 certificate give me free prescriptions?
Reply 10
Philosoraptor
If you get FULL support - you don't have to pay for any NHS treatment - including dental checkups...

:confused: The earning limit (after rent) is £50.95 (under 25) and £64.30 per week (over 25). (more if you're disabled)

would a HC2 certificate give me free prescriptions?

Yes it does. HC2 gives full help and HC3 gives partial help.
If you get the full support- it depends what your financial situation is. When I was in receipt of student loans and parental support as an undergraduate, I qualified for help with the cost of wigs and prosthetics and that was all. Now I'm covered for free everything.
Titch89
:confused:

I wasn't stating how much you had to earn, merely saying that if you received full help it does include dentist.
Reply 13
im filling out my hc1 form and at part3: other people who live with you it states "please tell us about relative who live with you" and "do not tell us about relatives or friends who you live with". is this not basicly the same thing? i live with my parents so do i have to mention this or not?