The Student Room Group

Aptonia DUOPRO 35 - Protein bars

Ok so I was wondering if these protein bars from decathlon are actually any good? I bought a pack of 3 and they taste too nice to be not full of calories!!

Compared to any other type of snack bar I can find they are pretty good and compared to other types of protein bars they are pretty average.. can anyone shed some light on it please? BTW im trying to lose weight - im under 10% bf already - but am really struggling to eat 6 small meals a day and wondering if 2 of these a day instead of eating a sandwich or jacket potato was better?

Nutritional info below:
Per 50g bar:
185 kcal
17.5g protein
6g fat (3.5 sat fat)
17.5g carbs
of which 6g sugar
4g fibre

This is obviously way better than them snack bars you buy from the supermarket - a lot less carbs/sugar in these bars.. and carb/protein ratio is the same..

but with them tasting so nice, I was wondering if anyone had any advice? lol
Reply 1
Any good??? They're all I ever eat.
Reply 2
acdunn
Any good??? They're all I ever eat.

I'm going to be blunt... are you fat? lol they seem to taste too nice to be actually alright.. I mean apart from drained tuna with some peri peri sauce, or low fat cottage cheese, they seem alright, but compared to them 2 things ^ which is basically, along with eggs, what I live on, they seem pretty high in calories!
Reply 3
Lol nah I don't, I was kidding :biggrin: But my brother does, he's trying to beef up for his school rugby season... he has a superfast metabolism, so I don't know if that stops him from getting fat from them.
Reply 4
Well they obviously have **** all calories because 185 is **** all and that's how many calories they have.

They probably cost a lot considering they have **** all calories (which is indicative of having **** all of anything in them). I wouldn't eat them.
yeah they sound expensive...basically everything burningnun said.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge Bars - Cheap and much better than the vast majority of shop bought bars

4 scoops of chocolate whey protein (or unflavoured plus 4 teaspoons of cocoa)
4 scoops of milled flax/linseed
4 big spoonfuls of peanut butter
1/4 cup of water

Mix together in a bowl, roll into 4 or so balls and put in the fridge.
Reply 7
ch0c0h01ic
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fudge Bars - Cheap and much better than the vast majority of shop bought bars

1/4 cup of water

Cheers (y) ill have to try them!
Reply 8
ch0c0h01ic

1/4 cup of water

I'm on this, might have to add some oats though... And when you say scoops of flax are we talking the standard whey scoops or tablespoons? Cos that sounds like a lot of flax!
And OP what are you on about? you sound like you haven't got a clue, what are you trying to achieve by eating these bars? weight gain? weight loss?
ellingham
I'm on this, might have to add some oats though... And when you say scoops of flax are we talking the standard whey scoops or tablespoons? Cos that sounds like a lot of flax!

Standard Whey Scoops = ~30g

I got 3kg of brown linseed (apparently it's much the same/the same as flax) for less than a fiver here - even with postage costs it's significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
Reply 10
ch0c0h01ic
Standard Whey Scoops = ~30g

I got 3kg of brown linseed (apparently it's much the same/the same as flax) for less than a fiver here - even with postage costs it's significantly cheaper than anywhere else.

Nice one mate i'll be getting some of that

Latest