The Student Room Group

Best/Cheapest taxi firms in Leeds?

I need a cheap taxi firm's number, as I'm going to need one to get to my accomodation on Wednesday. The journey will be about 15-20 mins.
How much should this cost? :smile:
evilbethan
I need a cheap taxi firm's number, as I'm going to need one to get to my accomodation on Wednesday. The journey will be about 15-20 mins.
How much should this cost? :smile:

Amber Cars are pretty good, reliable and not badly priced, don't use the ones at the station as they're a rip off. 0113 2311366

What accom are you looking at?
Reply 2
EssexDan86
Amber Cars are pretty good, reliable and not badly priced, don't use the ones at the station as they're a rip off. 0113 2311366

What accom are you looking at?

I'm in North Hill Court, so that's about 15 mins from the Uni.
Thanks! I will try Amber :smile: Do you any idea how much it will cost approx. from the bus station?
evilbethan
I'm in North Hill Court, so that's about 15 mins from the Uni.
Thanks! I will try Amber :smile: Do you any idea how much it will cost approx. from the bus station?

Hmmm... I'd guess about a fiver, shouldn't really be much more I'd think :smile:
+1 for Amber.
Can't remember names

But only ever get in council ones

Thought amber were kunts? never been with them mesen but wasn't there a facebook group about boycotting them?
Reply 6
EssexDan86
Hmmm... I'd guess about a fiver, shouldn't really be much more I'd think :smile:

That's not bad :smile: I'll go with them then. Thanks!
90pies an hour
Can't remember names

But only ever get in council ones

Thought amber were kunts? never been with them mesen but wasn't there a facebook group about boycotting them?

The anti amber facebook group only has 22 members! They've always been one of the more reliable and reasonable firms though, and they have hundreds of taxis. I've used them for 6 years now and never had a problem.

By 'council' ones you must mean taxis with the licence displayed on the side right? The OP should definitely avoid the black and white ones which you can flag down anywhere or get at the station as they're extortionate!
Reply 8
Everybody in Leeds I know uses Wheels and Roadrunners. I haven't really got a favourite taxi company because to be honest there all robbing beeps, but those two are by far the most reliable and efficient.
Reply 9
If you are traveling for only 15-20 minutes then you should prefer to use the taxi's available over the bus stations, you should hire the other taxi if you want to go for a long travel, Before hiring the taxi just ask some person over there in station about the current rate.
Reply 10
whats the best company to use to get from the uni to the train station?

Quick Reply

Latest