The Student Room Group

Why are teenagers obsessed with black people and black culture?

I'm in year 10 and all of the black boys in my year are "popular" except for one because he "acts white". All of the Asian and white kids think they can make black jokes and they always try their hardest to impress black people. It's embarrassing. And ever since Cheryl Cole said Cher Lloyd had "swag" everyone says it now. And it really annoys me when white people use slang because it sounds really weird coming out of their mouth, lol. :K:

Scroll to see replies

...say what?
Reply 2
slang shouldn't just be restricted to the colour of your skin & no offence to them but cheryl cole & cher lloyd are a bit chavvy :biggrin:
Reply 3
cool story bro

FYI, Cheryl Cole and Cher Lloyd do not have 'swag'.
Original post by Little Martian
I'm in year 10 and all of the black boys in my year are "popular" except for one because he "acts white". All of the Asian and white kids think they can make black jokes and they always try their hardest to impress black people. It's embarrassing. And ever since Cheryl Cole said Cher Lloyd had "swag" everyone says it now. And it really annoys me when white people use slang because it sounds really weird coming out of their mouth, lol. :K:

I for one hate modern, british black culture (in a non racist way).
Reply 5
Your opinion on them is irrelevant because you are Martian.
Reply 6
Girls are just obsessed with the cock.
Because some people have no individuality, and can only seek comfort in copying others...
Reply 8
I wouldn't say every teenager is because i'm definately not. Where do you come from?
Reply 9
Original post by bramz19
cool story bro

FYI, Cheryl Cole and Cher Lloyd do not have 'swag'.

Did I say they did? Of course they have no swag.
And it really annoys me when white people use slang because it sounds really weird coming out of their mouth, lol. :K:

And it sounds weird when posh words come out of a black person's mouth? I don't think so. What planet are you living on?? :confused: The colour of your skin doesn't determine how a person "should" speak.
Original post by amsie/
slang shouldn't just be restricted to the colour of your skin & no offence to them but cheryl cole & cher lloyd are a bit chavvy :biggrin:

I didn't say it should. But if you didn't grow up in East, South or West London- you shouldn't be speaking slang.
Original post by scott8anthony
I think (hope) you'll all grow up soon :smile:

Excuse me? :/
Reply 13
City culture... and 'swag/swagger' has been in use since around TI's song came out... around London anyway.
Original post by Luceria
What?

And my school had one black person.

What has this got to do with anything? :/
Reply 15

So basically you don't like non-black people mixing with black people?

Because if a group of people mixes with another group of people they usually end up sharing slang terms/habits.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
I didn't say it should. But if you didn't grow up in East, South or West London- you shouldn't be speaking slang.

WHAT? how can you even say that. In leicester we speak slang all the time, that's really ignorant, people use whatever's popular :mad:

you dumbass
Original post by lonelykatana
I for one hate modern, british black culture (in a non racist way).

Why is that? And it's not racist for you to say that :/
They have a culture? :laugh:
Reply 19

And you shouldn't be imposing standards of vernacular on other people. I use slang a LOT (from South East London by the way), but usually only for jokes around mates. People can speak however they want to, and it isn't your business to say that certain people can't use slang because of geographical divergences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending