The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Garlic pitta bread.

Almost tempted but..

What?! WANT
Reply 41
I've seen these out and about and they've all intrigued me but I've never ventured into buying them!!

Rocky Road Rice Krispie Squares

Pesto Crisps (REALLY want to try!!)

Walkers Mystery Flavours... not sure about these

Creme Egg Splats!

Chip & Ketchup Pringles

Reply 42
iamvick, Creme Egg splats are just like the mini Creme Eggs you get; like a higher chocolate-to-creme ratio. I prefer it that way.

The mystery flavours of Walkers; I've had a couple of them, and I'm sure one is like, a pepperoni pizza taste, where the other was definitely a meaty... almost buttery taste. My thought was the latter could be emulating Shepherd's pie.

The Rocky Road Squares are terribly disappointing. All the components are so poorly portioned you wonder if you got a bad batch or something. Seriously!
The pringles chip and ketchup arent bad! Not a patch on salt and vinegar though :drool:
My mum thought her pack of Mystery flavour walkers was lamb? It did smell lamb-like!
Spied? Levi Roots Reggae chicken chargrills..and bought, they were GOOD!
Reply 45
SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY: Iceland's "Ultimate Snacks" Roast Beef and Gravy Yorkshire Pudding Wrap.

As in, the Tortilla wrap is not a tortilla wrap, but a big flat Yorkie Pud.

Let me just tell you, I was insanely tempted through nothing but sheer curiosity, to buy this. There was also a Roast Chicken variant.

That sounds delicious. I bet it's anything but though :sad:
Reply 47
Original post by Alofleicester
That sounds delicious. I bet it's anything but though :sad:

I hear ya Leicester; the thought of it sounds awesome, but then you think, surely the Yorkshire Pudding "wrap" would have to be awfully soggy/soft to work, right? Hmmmm. Still tempted.
Milkybar Krushems Milkshake at KFC! Mmmmmmm
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by multiplexing-gamer

I saw this too, but on the rare occasion I go to KFC I vary my choices with the food. Sometimes I get a nice surprise by a risk (KFC Brazer) and sometimes I get bitter disappointment (KFC Rancher). But I never ever deviate from my Krushems choice....

IT'S TOO GOOD. And I mean, even when there's a Milkybar one available, IT'S TOO DIFFICULT TO PASS IT BY.
Original post by TotoMimo
I saw this too, but on the rare occasion I go to KFC I vary my choices with the food. Sometimes I get a nice surprise by a risk (KFC Brazer) and sometimes I get bitter disappointment (KFC Rancher). But I never ever deviate from my Krushems choice....

IT'S TOO GOOD. And I mean, even when there's a Milkybar one available, IT'S TOO DIFFICULT TO PASS IT BY.

Wow, why is the Milkybar so much worse for you than Malteser?
Reply 51
Original post by MelissaJayne
Wow, why is the Milkybar so much worse for you than Malteser?

Remember that because it's white chocolate, it's only cocoa butter and no cocoa paste or powder; whereas cocoa powder is far more easily diluted into a drink, you require more cocoa butter for the same effect to achieve the same level of taste. Thus, White Chocolate Milkshakes/desserts are far more fatty than solid white chocolate - and why calorie-wise, equal white and milk chocolates are usually fairly similar despite the white chocolate fat content being higher.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
Krave, i wanted to buy it but my mum said i can either pick that or coco pops. i opted for coco pops.
Reply 53
Original post by Ash07
Krave, i wanted to buy it but my mum said i can either pick that or coco pops. i opted for coco pops.

Tom gave you a virtual brofist.
I saw some Mac N Cheese Pringles the other day and recoiled out of sheer horror
SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY: Iceland's "Ultimate Snacks" Roast Beef and Gravy Yorkshire Pudding Wrap.

As in, the Tortilla wrap is not a tortilla wrap, but a big flat Yorkie Pud.

Let me just tell you, I was insanely tempted through nothing but sheer curiosity, to buy this. There was also a Roast Chicken variant.

I imagine this would have been an extreme case of "MY DINNER DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THAT!"
Buy it ASAP.
Remember that because it's white chocolate, it's only cocoa butter and no cocoa paste or powder; whereas cocoa powder is far more easily diluted into a drink, you require more cocoa butter for the same effect to achieve the same level of taste. Thus, White Chocolate Milkshakes/desserts are far more fatty than solid white chocolate - and why calorie-wise, equal white and milk chocolates are usually fairly similar despite the white chocolate fat content being higher.

You're the Heston of TSR
Even your hair is the same.
Original post by iamvick
I've seen these out and about and they've all intrigued me but I've never ventured into buying them!!

Rocky Road Rice Krispie Squares

Had one of these the other day, they're average. Just a double chocolate Square with marshmallows stuck on top :/

Original post by multiplexing-gamer

Now these are nice :coma:
Reply 58
Original post by MelissaJayne
You're the Heston of TSR
Even your hair is the same.

Rep up for making me guffaw! AND IT ACTUALLY LET ME REP YOU UP. Wow.

SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY: My local corner shop is selling these "Bitsa Wispa", and I'm sure they're out nationally now. I keep getting suckered in by these Twirl Bites-esque "pay four times as much just because they're the same thing bite-sized" Cadbury are into at the moment, but no doubt they'll eventually get me again with these.

Rep up for making me guffaw! AND IT ACTUALLY LET ME REP YOU UP. Wow.

SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY: My local corner shop is selling these "Bitsa Wispa", and I'm sure they're out nationally now. I keep getting suckered in by these Twirl Bites-esque "pay four times as much just because they're the same thing bite-sized" Cadbury are into at the moment, but no doubt they'll eventually get me again with these.

This post made me so happy for a number of reasons. Wispa is in my top 5 FAVOURITE chocolate of all shapes, sizes, varieties of all time. I know the financial failures of buying "bites" but it allows me to have some without having to have a "whole" bar - :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest