The Student Room Group

How do you get rid of creases/wrinkles from clothes without ironing?

I brought this sweat jacket from online recently which is 100% polyester.

I dont know if it wasnt repackaged correctly or what but there are creases/wrinkles all over it (in particularly the collar region).

To make matters worse, it says that you must not iron the sweat.

Is there any way I could get rid of the creases without having to iron the jacket? :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Hang it in the bathroom while you're having a shower. The steam usually helps.
according to a quick search online, it says that creases are very difficult to get out of polyester. Ordinarily for other materials, I would have said just to hang it up and wait for the creases to drop out, but it may not be so easy with polyester.
I'd be inclined to take it to the dry cleaners if I were you, and explain the problem. They will probably have a way around it and will be able to straighten your jacket for you.

Edited to add : here, this might help :

http://www.ehow.com/how_6177920_wrinkles-out-100_-polyester.html
Reply 3
Original post by speedbird

What about putting it in the dryer?
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
according to a quick search online, it says that creases are very difficult to get out of polyester. Ordinarily for other materials, I would have said just to hang it up and wait for the creases to drop out, but it may not be so easy with polyester.
I'd be inclined to take it to the dry cleaners if I were you, and explain the problem. They will probably have a way around it and will be able to straighten your jacket for you.

Edited to add : here, this might help :

http://www.ehow.com/how_6177920_wrinkles-out-100_-polyester.html

I would rather send it back and get a full refund instead. This jacket is beginning to cost me too much :angry:
Reply 5
Original post by speedbird

This. Make it a hot shower.

Don't just put it in the dryer- the creases will sometimes get worse.
Reply 6
Original post by Pandabär
This. Make it a hot shower.

Don't just put it in the dryer- the creases will sometimes get worse.

My bathroom isnt exactly big. You mean hang it on the shower curtain rod?
Original post by Jawad22

hook it over the back of the bathroom door?
Reply 8
Original post by Jawad22

Yeah or off a cupboard or something or on the back of the door. Just have it hanging somewhere and the steam from the shower will basically serve the same function as the steam button on an iron.
Reply 9
Original post by Jawad22

Jeez Jawad22, use your initiative! How am I supposed to know/care what hanging points you have in your bathroom?!
Reply 10
Im gonna try this method on using the steam from the shower get rid of the creases.

If that doesnt work, then this jacket is going right back where it came from :tongue:
Reply 11
Don't put it on the shower curtain rail, it'll just get soaked.
Reply 12
Send it back and don't buy a 100% polyester one :dontknow:
Is this such a huge crease it needs to be returned? or are you just regretting your purchase lol
Original post by Jawad22
What about putting it in the dryer?

Because it will melt.
I have a shirt dryer which blows warm air my shirts. in like 15 minutes they are going to be dry and without and wrinkles.

Quick Reply