The Student Room Group

International Hall - Is it worth the money?

I was wondering a bit about International Hall. All the study single rooms are catered, how is the food? Is it really the kind of food that you eat?
The toilets/showers, do they stay clean or are people lazy and you face dirty showers?

Is there any way to store and cook food if you don't have one of the self-catered rooms?
Can you bring people into your room and let them stay there(for a night or so) or will the security stop you? :wink:

I'd love to have some input from people who actually lived there / know people who lived there / seen how it is - since I never been there.

I heard that it's located dead on Russel Square and about 5min away from SOAS, is this correct?

I've been searching the forums but don't get any good recent threads with information and the (http://www.halls.london.ac.uk/student/international/Default.aspx) page don't offer much information either.
Reply 1
I'd be happy for the smallest bits of information.. :smile: Really. Anything! :P
Reply 2
Mmmh the best thing to do would be either email them or go there personally to see how it is... Maybe combine it with a University open day/induction evening or something like that. I'll fly to London on June 6th to visit some of the halls.
Reply 3
Original post by Lore92
Mmmh the best thing to do would be either email them or go there personally to see how it is... Maybe combine it with a University open day/induction evening or something like that. I'll fly to London on June 6th to visit some of the halls.

Yes, good idea. If it wasn't for the fact that I've already flew up to London (from Cairo) two weeks ago, for my interview and both halls replied telling me that I cannot come and visit when it's not an Open Day due to security and because all rooms are occupied.. And in their emails they have not been to happy to try to help, which is why I turned to the TSR community, International Hall being a quite big hall, I hoped for some input from people who actually stayed there :wink:
Reply 4
Lol fair enough. I hoped to visit those halls during my stay in London next week but... I'll stop someone outside ahahah :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending