The Student Room Group

What would you do if you failed your A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Take a gap year, travel the world, then apply to do art or something.
Reply 21
Original post by Sormi
carry on living :biggrin:

:biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Malabarista
It's not something I think about too much as unfortunately a reasonable academic record is all I have going for me in this world; noob at guitar and no real business brain that I know of.

this :frown:. I am also good looking but that really doesn't matter much I've found. I have a good business brain though... and I am extremely hard working if the situation demands it. but for now my grades are the only tangible achievement I have.

I would feel suicidal, get in a rubbish university, redo them whilst there, get a first, apply for masters, and get a phd and live happily ever after.

And find a nice wife, who will love me despite my A Levels.
Reply 23
Re-do year 13 modules, but take a gap year too and reapply:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by la-penseur
Take a gap year, travel the world, then apply to do art or something.

Then what?
Reply 25
Original post by bmqib

And find a nice wife, who will love me despite my A Levels.

"Honey, we've been married for fifteen years. But I found something today. YOUR A-LEVEL SCORES, BMQIB. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEY WERE SO MEDIOCRE? ALL THESE YEARS. ALL THESE LIES. I CAN'T DO IT ANY MORE. I CAN'T LIVE WITH A FAILURE."

Really?
Reply 26
Cry.... than beg my college to take me on for another year so I could redo 2 of my A2s. Then reapply to university.

What is with the negative rating????
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 27
If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again.
Reply 28
Original post by Tudball
"Honey, we've been married for fifteen years. But I found something today. YOUR A-LEVEL SCORES, BMQIB. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THEY WERE SO MEDIOCRE? ALL THESE YEARS. ALL THESE LIES. I CAN'T DO IT ANY MORE. I CAN'T LIVE WITH A FAILURE."

Really?

yea...
I did one in jan (my school does the whole maths in jan and the whole f.maths in june if you take both) so if i failed the remaining two I would pay to sit the exams at a college or something without taking the lessons and in the meantime i would carry on working and possibly get work experience. Then apply to uni again.
Reply 30
I was telling my friend as a joke today that i'd go on Big Brother and hopefully win £100,000.
Resit and reapply to uni.

If it didn't work out again I'd try and find a job or try and open a cake business or something.
Original post by bmqib
Then what?

Try and make it as an artist or get into a career that's art related. Surprisingly, out of all the Arts subjects, Art & Design actually has one of the highest employment rates.
Reply 33
I have failed mine :P and my plan is to spend the summer reinventing myself then redo the year (12) and then boss them like i should have the first time round...
Reply 34
I was intending to jump into the Niagra Falls if i fail, but someone did that recently and survived, so i need to think of another option.
Reply 35
Not sure, but I know my immediate plans would be to buy a tub of my two best friends.

One's called Ben and the other is called Jerry.

Then cry.
Reply 36
Subscribing to this thread.

AS levels didn't go as planned. :/
Sob in a corner somewhere....possibly die......
mcdonalds-loyalty1.jpg
Reply 39
Try not to panic, then panic: depends on the extent of the failure :tongue:

Then probably resit next year, and promise myself not to excessively procrastinate.

Quick Reply

Latest