The Student Room Group

Masturbation before Exams

I know the title may sound a bit dodgy, but serious question here.

Do you think its beneficial to toot the hoot before an exam, either the night before or on the morning.

Ive read that stopping masturbating for a couple of days can give you that mental edge that could be useful for exams, something to do with all your hormone levels.

On the other hand, masturbation can be very relaxing and can stop you getting too tense and wound up.

Im not sure what to do.. discuss?

please keep anon!

cheers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
I know the title may sound a bit dodgy, but serious question here.

Do you think its beneficial to toot the hoot before an exam, either the night before or on the morning.

Ive read that stopping masturbating for a couple of days can give you that mental edge that could be useful for exams, something to do with all your hormone levels.

On the other hand, masturbation can be very relaxing and can stop you getting too tense and wound up.

Im not sure what to do.. discuss?

please keep anon!

cheers

Do what's best for you? :smile:

Edit: But how could you actually masturbate before an exam? In the toilets? :/
Reply 2
Test it! :biggrin: Lol... Let us all know the results :wink:
Reply 3
I guess it could relax you... As rastaman said, why not test it lol
Reply 4
If it's going to make that much difference, you didn't do enough revision.
I don't see why stopping masturbating would make you more clever, or have an edge, for the exam. It would just make you stare into space and wish you could deal with certain urges, surely :p:
It won't make you smarter but it will probably aid in relieving stress.

Also your probably less likely to have certain... thoughts that could distract you during an exam.
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
I don't see why stopping masturbating would make you more clever, or have an edge, for the exam. It would just make you stare into space and wish you could deal with certain urges, surely :p:

Yeah that's the only difference I would think. If I'm in an exam, I don't want to start getting distracted by the hot girl in my vicinity.
I'm sure a very similar topic was done to this a couple of months ago.
Reply 9
I've heard people say they don't masturbate in order to improve concentration, but I think the relaxation from doing it would calm me quite a lot just before an exam! I say just do what you want, it won't make much difference either way :p:
Reply 10
yeah, may as well go for it.
i mean it can't do any harm i suppose!

xxx
Reply 11
You can relax with other ways too! Masturbating seems to be a little too extreme if you ask me.
Unrelated, but at my college I really think there shouldn't be a gap between the back of the chair and the base in the exams, because if theres a girl in front with a hot ass, man that's as distracting as someone yelling in your ear... happened in my geography in january... :P You girls are distracting!
Reply 13
I wasn't really thinking about it from that perspective, although good point.
I think i read somewhere that before a big event/race, altheletes will not have sex/masturbate because they believe that the build up of hormones will keep them more alert and result in better performance.

And no i wasn't thinking of doing it on the toilet before the exam! I just meant maybe in the morning when i get up.
Seems like a good plan to me. Masturbation, revision -- where's the competition there?!
Reply 15
rastaman25
Unrelated, but at my college I really think there shouldn't be a gap between the back of the chair and the base in the exams, because if theres a girl in front with a hot ass, man that's as distracting as someone yelling in your ear... happened in my geography in january... :P You girls are distracting!

i was thinking, hmmm i've never had that happen to me, but then i remembered i went to a boys school haha!
Just have a **** if you want one.

Revise before hand. You'll be fine then.
bitterendx
Just have a **** if you want one.

Revise before hand. You'll be fine then.

Revise before hand. How witty! :smile:
Sounds like ****e.

Best thread title for a while though.
There was someone in my school who ****** off during an exam. Yeah, he failed.

Before? I really don't think it makes a difference.

Latest