The Student Room Group

Titration ISA

Hello TSR,

I have done a sort of mock ISA and we were asked to complete some evaluation questions but i don't know what the answers of some of them could be, can anyone help please...

- Why is it important to rinse the burette with
a - Water
b - Sulphuric Acid

- How accurate do you think your experiment was? (We used a 25cm^3 pipette, and a burrette whose readings were in cm^3.)

- What do you think was the biggest source of error, when completing the titration?

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you!! :s-smilie:
Reply 1
FutureMedic
Hello TSR,

I have done a sort of mock ISA and we were asked to complete some evaluation questions but i don't know what the answers of some of them could be, can anyone help please...

- Why is it important to rinse the burette with
a - Water
b - Sulphuric Acid

So that you improve the chances that your concentration of acid is not going to change, as there might be some dry chemical stains on them that may react with your acid, hence inaccurate titration result

- How accurate do you think your experiment was? (We used a 25cm^3 pipette, and a burrette whose readings were in cm^3.)

Standard burette usually give accuracy up to two decimal places, ie if you read 25 cm cube it should be written as 25.00 cm cube to reflect this. Pipette generally is up to 1 d.p. only.

- What do you think was the biggest source of error, when completing the titration?
Obviously the human reaction time. The end point of certain titrations can be quite hard to spot sometimes, so that's why you do it a couple to times to confirm your results are as accurate as possible - reduce random errors by averaging.

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you!! :s-smilie:

xx
Reply 2
Thank you very much... much appreciated!! :smile:

Latest