The Student Room Group

Provisional dates for the 2012 IB exams

According to the IBO website, the provisional dates for the May 2012 examinations have already been released. This are not the final dates, so they are still bound to change, but once the final schedule is released later this month I will change the title in order to post the dates for each exam. So far, IBO has stated that the provisional dates are the following:

2nd of May-22nd of May (regular IB exams)
30th of May (school-based syllabus examinations)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HyperInSugar
According to the IBO website, the provisional dates for the May 2012 examinations have already been released. This are not the final dates, so they are still bound to change, but once the final schedule is released later this month I will change the title in order to post the dates for each exam. So far, IBO has stated that the provisional dates are the following:

2nd of May-22nd of May (regular IB exams)
30th of May (school-based syllabus examinations)

HAH, earlier than us.

_Kar.
Reply 2
Original post by Kareir
HAH, earlier than us.

_Kar.

But at least we finish earlier :biggrin:

Besides, it's not confirmed yet if those are the definite dates for the exams :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by HyperInSugar
But at least we finish earlier :biggrin:

Besides, it's not confirmed yet if those are the definite dates for the exams :wink:

True. Although mine end on the 18th :tongue:. But don't stress too much about them. The only problem with MY exams is that I have maths, geography and music on the same day...
/killself

_Kar.
Reply 4
Original post by Kareir
True. Although mine end on the 18th :tongue:. But don't stress too much about them. The only problem with MY exams is that I have maths, geography and music on the same day...
/killself

_Kar.

Ouch, sorry to hear. I hope they turn out to be well! :wink:
Timetable for the May 2012 exams.
They really do love putting French at the end for some reason.
Reply 7
Original post by GlibByNature
They really do love putting French at the end for some reason.

French is speshul apparently, or it considers itself too good to be done with the other standard languages ;p
Reply 8
HL Chemistry Paper 3 in the morning? & then HL English A1 Paper 2 in the afternoon?! :eek:

oh I am so looking forward to May 9, 2012!

at least I will be done my exams by May 14 :wink:

& oh my, I just realized History Paper 3 is 2.5 hours?! :eek:
Original post by -raisa
HL Chemistry Paper 3 in the morning? & then HL English A1 Paper 2 in the afternoon?! :eek:

oh I am so looking forward to May 9, 2012!

at least I will be done my exams by May 14 :wink:

& oh my, I just realized History Paper 3 is 2.5 hours?! :eek:

thats what i have for tomorrow, chemistry p3 and english a1 p2...lol
dear god i have philosophy and english on the same day
= 4 hours of writing.
Reply 11
Original post by jacksonriddle

Original post by jacksonriddle
dear god i have philosophy and english on the same day
= 4 hours of writing.

You really have nothing to worry about compared to me, first day= philosophy paper 1, english a1 hl paper 1 & psychology paper 1 then on the second day Philosophy paper 2, maths sl paper 1, psychology paper 2 & 3 I have around 2/3 of all my exams done in the first two days! Seriously, what was the IBO thinking when they created this exam schedule? -.-
Reply 12
Original post by Nataliie
You really have nothing to worry about compared to me, first day= philosophy paper 1, english a1 hl paper 1 & psychology paper 1 then on the second day Philosophy paper 2, maths sl paper 1, psychology paper 2 & 3 I have around 2/3 of all my exams done in the first two days! Seriously, what was the IBO thinking when they created this exam schedule? -.-

Oh my, that is absolutely terrible. Sucks for anyone doing both Psychology and Philosophy! I thought I was in a bad position for having Psychology / English / Maths bunched up at the beginning, now I don't feel quite so terrible. :P

Same, near enough :/ I do english, philosophy and psychology all at higher level! So the Thursday I have a total of 7 hours of exams :s-smilie: I nearly cried when I found out! :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Original post by Harve
Oh my, that is absolutely terrible. Sucks for anyone doing both Psychology and Philosophy! I thought I was in a bad position for having Psychology / English / Maths bunched up at the beginning, now I don't feel quite so terrible. :P

It makes no sense to put Psychology and Philosophy on the same day or even Psychology and Maths too much to remember xD well good luck, I'm sure you'll survive (: nothing can really be done about this schedule now anyway : /
Reply 15
Original post by icnthelpit
Same, near enough :/ I do english, philosophy and psychology all at higher level! So the Thursday I have a total of 7 hours of exams :s-smilie: I nearly cried when I found out! :s-smilie:

Oh gosh o.O well good luck, I pretty much have the same amount of hours on both day one and two, it really doesn't make sense to have those three subjects on the same day when those are essay question subjects -.-
It makes sense, that is exactly how I reacted, it kinda also made me feel like just giving up, because how on earth is one supposed to manage to get good grades with a schedule as cruel as this one? I mean there's always the options of retakes a year later, but who wants to waste another year of their life?
Well good luck (: it's nice to know I'm not the only one suffering with this schedule, have you contacted the IBO at all about it? I know nothing can really be done, but it's always worth it, it could help someone in the future as this is the same schedule as the one from 2011.
Oh gosh o.O well good luck, I pretty much have the same amount of hours on both day one and two, it really doesn't make sense to have those three subjects on the same day when those are essay question subjects -.-
It makes sense, that is exactly how I reacted, it kinda also made me feel like just giving up, because how on earth is one supposed to manage to get good grades with a schedule as cruel as this one? I mean there's always the options of retakes a year later, but who wants to waste another year of their life?
Well good luck (: it's nice to know I'm not the only one suffering with this schedule, have you contacted the IBO at all about it? I know nothing can really be done, but it's always worth it, it could help someone in the future as this is the same schedule as the one from 2011.

I know, I'm really annoyed and stressed already :O Aye, the school is contacting them, and we're trying to move the maths on the thursday to the friday - but this means thursady isolation, over night and all friday :s-smilie: And they've confirmed the schedual now.
Reply 17
I know, I'm really annoyed and stressed already :O Aye, the school is contacting them, and we're trying to move the maths on the thursday to the friday - but this means thursady isolation, over night and all friday :s-smilie: And they've confirmed the schedual now.

It makes sense that you're stressed, it feels like the IB is setting us up for failure. How did that go? My school contagted the IBO as well but apparently as my total exam time on both the first and second day is 10 minutes under the limit nothing gets changed for me so I'm just as screwed as I was before. It really sucks. But I hope you at least got the benifit of the doubt. (:
It makes sense that you're stressed, it feels like the IB is setting us up for failure. How did that go? My school contagted the IBO as well but apparently as my total exam time on both the first and second day is 10 minutes under the limit nothing gets changed for me so I'm just as screwed as I was before. It really sucks. But I hope you at least got the benifit of the doubt. (:

Oh no, that's not good :s-smilie: At least we get most of exams out the way early...? I can't decide if that's a possitive or not though! :L How long until you're next exam after the initial 3 days? Because my next one isn't until the following wednesday (English) so I'm thinking that weekend a well deserved rest will be needed :L
Reply 19
Oh no, that's not good :s-smilie: At least we get most of exams out the way early...? I can't decide if that's a possitive or not though! :L How long until you're next exam after the initial 3 days? Because my next one isn't until the following wednesday (English) so I'm thinking that weekend a well deserved rest will be needed :L

Well I guess the nice thing is having all my exams done after the 11th but my second week of exams is so chill, my next exam after those first 3 horrid days is German, so on the tuesday, but I really don't mind that as German is my easy 7. Wish I had Psychology, English and German on the same day instead of Psychology, English and Philo (and Maths).
Apparently my school will be refusing to allow students to take both Philosophy and Psychology next year because of my case. xD
It sucks so bad because my birthday is also 3 days before exams so I'll have to postpone it untill I'm done and no one else will be done around the same time as me so I'll just celebrate on my own xD
Has your school told you if you're over the limit of maximum exam hours and allowed to move your exams around? (:

Quick Reply

Latest