The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Psychology '11

Hi there, just wondered if anyone else on here is hoping to do psychology at Cardiff this year?

I'm hoping to do the 4 year course with a placement year... would love to have some contact with other people who could be new friends! :smile:

Hannah x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04mcchsi
Hi there, just wondered if anyone else on here is hoping to do psychology at Cardiff this year?

I'm hoping to do the 4 year course with a placement year... would love to have some contact with other people who could be new friends! :smile:

Hannah x

ME! ME! yeah i'm hoping to do the 4 year course too :smile: just need to get the AAB :/. What grades do you need/ what subjects are you doing now??
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Same...AAB...doing psychology, human biology and philosophy and ethics! :smile: What about you subject wise?
Psychology, Maths and Geography :smile:
Reply 4
I was going to choose psychology. Chose philosophy instead! Couldn't bring myself to go 75/ 25 or 50 / 50. Er, sorry for this useless. post. :smile:
Reply 5
Me too...hoping to do the 4 year course as well also need aab *fingers crossed*
What accommodation have you guys put down?
Reply 6
I've put Column hall as my first choice...not as busy as Talybont but still with all the student fun and games :P
Reply 7
i'm doing psychology too :smile: if i havent completely failed my a-levels that is :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'm also doing psychology, but the 3 year course, though considering seeing if I can swap to the 4 year (that's if I even get in!) Taly south is my first choice for accommodation :smile: Can't wait for September but already so nervous about results, especially after getting the email about results day from the uni :|
Reply 9
Original post by Sly Racoon
I'm also doing psychology, but the 3 year course, though considering seeing if I can swap to the 4 year (that's if I even get in!) Taly south is my first choice for accommodation :smile: Can't wait for September but already so nervous about results, especially after getting the email about results day from the uni :|

me too it backs it all really real ahhhh
Reply 10
Original post by nlmeeson
me too it backs it all really real ahhhh

tell me about it, just see the word 'clearing' and i'm like :afraid:
Its my insurance does that count? :tongue:
Reply 12
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yellow96
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but Cardiff is one of the best Universities in the world for Psychology and they're really, really picky about grades. It used to be AAA and if you didn't get that you had very little chance of getting in anyway as the course is so oversubscribed. If you miss the AAB required for Bristol, chances are Cardiff won't accept you either. I'm just letting you know so that you can do damage control now if you think it's possible you've missed your offer.

That being said, Cardiff's an amazing Uni, and the Psychology department is particularly well established, so you'll have an amazing time if you do end up coming here (hopefully you'll get your first choice though).

Actually that's not what they said on the open day, both of their psychology courses were in Extra for the duration and they said they usually let people in with ABB :smile: added to that I have migitating circumstances so I'm not too worried, it was always going to be my insurance and it just happened Bristol gave me an unexpected lower offer which fingers crossed I'll meet. :smile:
Reply 14
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by yellow96
Ah cool, it must have changed since I was a fresher. I just realised there's no way to read my post where I don't come across as a massive dick, but I really didn't mean to be :tongue:

It's okay I gave you the benefit of the doubt :tongue: I think Cardiff is a bit of a go-to insurance choice for Psychology at the moment which could be why :smile:
Ooh me! Hoping to do the 4 year course with the placement too. My offers AAA though, damn you! I'm hoping if my results aren't up to scratch they might pity me and let me in with AAB. Fingers crossed anyway. I don't even have an insurance :s-smilie:

Are you guys freaking out about results day too? Cos all my friends don't seem to care and I can't stop thinking about it!
Reply 17
I'm doing Psychology this year, living in Talybont South!
Jen x
Reply 18
Original post by Wallflower..
Ooh me! Hoping to do the 4 year course with the placement too. My offers AAA though, damn you! I'm hoping if my results aren't up to scratch they might pity me and let me in with AAB. Fingers crossed anyway. I don't even have an insurance :s-smilie:

Are you guys freaking out about results day too? Cos all my friends don't seem to care and I can't stop thinking about it!

I'm hoping to do psychology too :smile:

I'm very much hoping they'll take pity aswell! I've never been so scared about any results ever, It's only just hit me aswell, after coming back from holiday all I have to think about is whether or not I've failed in life or not!

However on the plus side, I took my mum out for a night out in cardiff and it deffinatly lives up to expectation. So if we all get there we won't be disapointed :smile:xx
Hahahaha. Am enjoying listening to you all worry about not getting in. This was me last year for psych at Cardiff and I'm so glad i don't have to go through that worrying again.

good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending