The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL History 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by confusedexcited
why did you decide not to? Ah, never mind! Wish me luck on actually getting an offer though!

Well, I'd've definitely gone to UCL if I hadn't got an offer from Cambridge, which was my first choice. :smile:

And I will - at this stage, no news is good news! :tongue:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Has anybody heard from history v100 (I sent my questionnaire on wednesday 25th January) and haven't heard back yet, am really anxious! Xx
Reply 62
Original post by HarrietAddy
I have, Applied for Ancient History! I haven't heard back from them yet :frown:... I'm doing History, English literature and Religious studies what about you?

Have also applied for ancient history, have been successful :P Three A's :smile: Am doing Maths, History and Politics. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 63
Original post by TFlye1
I was just wondering if somebody could help, I've applied for history and have received a questionnaire.. do you need to reference all your quotes and, if so, does that affect the word count?

I referenced my quotes but didn't include them in my word count.

I got an unconditional offer for Ancient History and Egyptology with A*AA and pretty poor GCSEs.

And to the person who asked about re-applying, that's what i did (they rejected me last year) and it didn't seem to matter.

Good luck everyone waiting on a reply!
Original post by Hobo389
Have also applied for ancient history, have been successful :P Three A's :smile: Am doing Maths, History and Politics. Have you heard back yet?

Oh wow well done :smile: No I sent back my questionnaire a week and a bit ago, do you think UCL will be your first choice?
Reply 65
Oh wow well done :smile: No I sent back my questionnaire a week and a bit ago, do you think UCL will be your first choice?

Thanks, yes it will be :smile: bit dodgy with the three A's though, just see how it goes, good luck with yours though! keep hoping, I think the department runs in cycles because I was the last of my friends to hear back from their history department (of 3) so do not fear, no news is not necessarily bad news :smile: how was your questionnaire? Was it why you want to, a topic within and then two books as the long bits? That's what I got, I'd be very interested as to what you discussed in it? Good luck in hearing!
Reply 66
Sounds like some people have read a little too much into the questionnaire process, I took it in much the same stride as my source evaluation for history A2 coursework, would never have thought to reference it, I mentioned books, even managed to muddle my authors in one question (woops!) But it did not seem to affect my application, came out with an offer of AAA for V110 (ancient history).
Original post by Hobo389
Thanks, yes it will be :smile: bit dodgy with the three A's though, just see how it goes, good luck with yours though! keep hoping, I think the department runs in cycles because I was the last of my friends to hear back from their history department (of 3) so do not fear, no news is not necessarily bad news :smile: how was your questionnaire? Was it why you want to, a topic within and then two books as the long bits? That's what I got, I'd be very interested as to what you discussed in it? Good luck in hearing!

Same thats my worry! I got an offer from Warwick and thats AAB so even if they did give me an offer I'm not sure whether to risk it :/ Thanks I still would DIE to have an offer from there so well done!! Yes thats what I got! For the why I talked about london, the course topics etc. etc. then the topic I talked about the fall of Cleopatra (as I did my EPQ on it) and the two books I think I did two on cleopatra again Joanne Fletcher and Adrian Goldsworthy. So I'm not sure what they thought of it but it was good practice just to do it :smile: What did you talk about?
Reply 68
firmed UCL for history v101 :smile: doing history, government & politics and classics, excited!!
Reply 69
Same thats my worry! I got an offer from Warwick and thats AAB so even if they did give me an offer I'm not sure whether to risk it :/ Thanks I still would DIE to have an offer from there so well done!! Yes thats what I got! For the why I talked about london, the course topics etc. etc. then the topic I talked about the fall of Cleopatra (as I did my EPQ on it) and the two books I think I did two on cleopatra again Joanne Fletcher and Adrian Goldsworthy. So I'm not sure what they thought of it but it was good practice just to do it :smile: What did you talk about?

Wow congratulations on Warwick! Seriously impressive :smile: take it you applied with classical archaeology?? Ahh well, I can only see taking it worth a risk. I did the same on why I want to go there, not much else you could write I thought?! Ohh, I haven't done any Cleopatra, that sounds great, how did your EPQ go? I thought the book one was easier because it was more about historical debate than anything else :P Did my EPQ on whether Julius Caesar was an effective leader and used that in my questionnaire for the two books on the politics of the authors, Michael Parenti and Dando-Collins, and whether athenian democracy was truly democratic for the topic one :L well you know you're doing good when you get a questionnaire, sounds brilliant, I'm sure they're having a thrilling time reading it! :smile:
Original post by Hobo389
Wow congratulations on Warwick! Seriously impressive :smile: take it you applied with classical archaeology?? Ahh well, I can only see taking it worth a risk. I did the same on why I want to go there, not much else you could write I thought?! Ohh, I haven't done any Cleopatra, that sounds great, how did your EPQ go? I thought the book one was easier because it was more about historical debate than anything else :P Did my EPQ on whether Julius Caesar was an effective leader and used that in my questionnaire for the two books on the politics of the authors, Michael Parenti and Dando-Collins, and whether athenian democracy was truly democratic for the topic one :L well you know you're doing good when you get a questionnaire, sounds brilliant, I'm sure they're having a thrilling time reading it! :smile:

Thank you, I went to look round two weeks ago and it was really nice! Finally got my offer for UCL so happy!! They've invited me to a departmental open day so it's just deciding now where to go :/ Aw thats sounds really good how did your EPQ go? I got a B in mine, I was expecting it as it was the first year our school did it and then the one teacher who taught us went on maternity leave half way through... :frown: but I was happy with that anyway!
Reply 71
Thank you, I went to look round two weeks ago and it was really nice! Finally got my offer for UCL so happy!! They've invited me to a departmental open day so it's just deciding now where to go :/ Aw thats sounds really good how did your EPQ go? I got a B in mine, I was expecting it as it was the first year our school did it and then the one teacher who taught us went on maternity leave half way through... :frown: but I was happy with that anyway!

Wonderful, congratulations! what is your offer then? :P Got to make your mind up at some point, and nice on the EPQ, it doesn't actually mean anything though, makes it slightly useless :L But never mind, it was worth it for the experience.
Reply 72
I sent off my V100 questionnaire in OCTOBER, and still haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in this situation?!!
Original post by daisy2651
I sent off my V100 questionnaire in OCTOBER, and still haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in this situation?!!

they're unlikely to be saying anything till march, sorry to be the one bearing the bad news! It's a nightmare I know. No news is good news at this point :smile:
Reply 74
Anyone going to the open day on the 29th?
Got my offer on Valentine's Day :')
Reply 75
Original post by abbey-chic

Yes.I am going for the ESPS program...Have you been to any interview of this kind before???

hopefully you took the offer letter out on a romantic meal then! :tongue: is this for history? I swear I check my emails 200 times per day.
Reply 77
Original post by confusedexcited
hopefully you took the offer letter out on a romantic meal then! :tongue: is this for history? I swear I check my emails 200 times per day.

Yep it's for V100. I didn't get an email, I got a letter then the day after my UCAS updated! Be patient :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by hopegyable
Yes.I am going for the ESPS program...Have you been to any interview of this kind before???

As far as I'm aware it's not an interview more like an opportunity for you to get to know more about the degree and UCL. I've been to a similar one at Queen Mary
Reply 79

I am! :-D Is UCL your first choice?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending