The Student Room Group

Should men shave their armpits?

Poll

Should men shave their armpits?

Should they? Shave their armpits? Some people say yes, others say trim and some say no, leave it.

What you think?

Scroll to see replies

I personally don't find it attractive when men shave bits of themselves that aren't their face.

So I'd say that they should leave it, only trim if it was at the point when they looked like they'd strapped a wombat to their underarms.
Personally, I don't think that is normal for a guy to do that, but that's just my opinion.
Just do what makes you feel most comfortable?
Armpit hair is pretty inconsequential so I don't see why you'd bother, I only have a small amount anyway.
Reply 5
If they want to of course they should.

Same goes for women.
Reply 6
I don't and I don't plan on ever doing so, it's not like I'm a male model or anything :teehee:
I don't see why not. It's more hygienic I would think. Less hair for the sweat to ferment in and I guess it would also be easier to wash under your arms.

Personally I don't because I'm a lazy ****, however I won't condemn those that do :borat:
Original post by Historophilia
I personally don't find it attractive when men shave bits of themselves that aren't their face.

Honestly that sounds nice as an idea, but I have serious body hair and my pubic hair would be like a jungle if I never trimmed it, and you wouldn't want an afro to pop out of your trousers if you were trying to impress a lady, would you? Perhaps I am just some rugged hairy beast of nature.

To answer the question, I trim my armpit hair for the aforementioned reasons. I once shaved it but it felt strange and it itched quite badly, I would definitely not shave them again.
Reply 9
I do - every few months. Stops from too much hair from forming and getting too sweaty, and smells much more pleasant if you DO get sweaty.

However, to each his own.
Reply 10
Personally I don't shave mine it doesn't affect me that much after all
Reply 11
Original post by Nalced
Should they? Shave their armpits? Some people say yes, others say trim and some say no, leave it.

What you think?

I personally trim mine.
Reply 12
"Men" don't shave anything other than their face. If you want to be "metrosexual" go right ahead and pamper yourself like a girl. At that point you should probably remove your genitals too, because you're not really a man anymore.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Personally, I don't think that is normal for a guy to do that, but that's just my opinion.

Why is it normal for women and not for men?
No dawg.
No way,
I get the impression that when it pokes out from the arm in my t-shirt, it isn't a good look.
I think society is obsessed with hair to the point of stupidity. It's just hair. Do whatever you want.
Reply 18
Shaving it is a bit weird.

Trimming however is good, you still have hair and you don't sweat too :smile:
Do what you want. Goes for women too.

Everyone else, stop judging.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending