The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
You do realise it is a team led by a British man as a subsiduary of (Japanese) SEGA don't you?

And it will be programmed for other mistakes as well as the referee gets criticised in the match report for errors being made :dontknow:

That definitely didn't happen for my incident... didn't even have an opportunity to get angry in the press conference about it.
I think the referee mistakes are only for offsides, penalties, red cards that are actually given, and fouls in the build up to a goal
Reply 5301
Original post by dnumberwang
That definitely didn't happen for my incident... didn't even have an opportunity to get angry in the press conference about it.
I think the referee mistakes are only for offsides, penalties, red cards that are actually given, and fouls in the build up to a goal

Perhaps post it on the SI forums and ask one of the devs about it :beard:
Original post by shephi
Cheers for that took a pop with it in a 4-4-2 and managed to hold 50-60% possession throughout the game. Also had more shots than the opponent, sadly my strikers can't seem to finish and only 1 shot was on target so lots 2-0 :P

Make your strikers match fit, sub them if they're not playing well and after half time if they don't have confidence, try and get them motivated. Also, a 4-4-2 works best if you exploit the flanks with fast wingers who can cross and just hug the touchline aka the tottenham tactic.
I started a game and let the AI decide my team - got Barca. :colonhash: So, went with that. First season I bought Cisse in the summer and Jonny Evans in January - evans went on to score 5 goals in 20 games - a better goals/games ratio than Cisse. :rofl2:

Just pipped Madrid to the title by winning the second clasico and matching their results. Went out in the CL 2nd round to Chelsea, though. :colondollar:
Reply 5304
Out of interest, what's the furthest year anyone has ever got to and has anything unusual occured like United get relegated to League One or Barrow Town get to the Premier League ..

Im currently in 2022 and the Top 5 of the EPL has always been 5 of Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs .. ZZZZZZZZZZ

My mates done 50 years on last years version and Liverpool were still on 18 league titles which I found pretty funny.
Original post by Ash_TJ
Out of interest, what's the furthest year anyone has ever got to and has anything unusual occured like United get relegated to League One or Barrow Town get to the Premier League ..

Im currently in 2022 and the Top 5 of the EPL has always been 5 of Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs .. ZZZZZZZZZZ

My mates done 50 years on last years version and Liverpool were still on 18 league titles which I found pretty funny.

On 2011 I got up to 2041. Liverpool had only won one league title, but I saw things like Fulham and Sheffield United in the Champions League...:eek:
Just signed an absolutely epic regen, will post him when I reload my game.
Reply 5307
Original post by Ash_TJ

I didn't "play" it, as such, but in FM09 I had a game holidayed through to around 2080.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18855390&postcount=5314
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18865960&postcount=5319
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18879550&postcount=5321 (for some reason the pic of Liverpool being relegated isn't included there, and though it was stored on imageshack so I could post it on SI's forum a while back it's been deleted from there, so I've attached it to this post)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18881239&postcount=5323
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18883549&postcount=5326
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=18885769&postcount=5332

...might have some other updates for that game dotted around but I can't be arsed looking for them :p:
47 seconds into my game vs Arsenal. They get a player sent off :biggrin:

I also get one injured -.-
Reply 5309
Just played the last game of the season with my title winning Charlton side against a Brentford side that ended up finishing 19th...

My 3 top scorers (Marlon Harewood, David Cotterill and Marco Materazzi) have scored 50+ goals between them.

Brentford's had only got 7 between the 3 of them! Their top scorer had 3 and the two next highest had 2 each... How do you manage to survive in League One when your top scorer only has 3 goals?!?
Just finished second season as Newcastle with a Europa League/Premier League/League Cup treble. Also had mass retirements in 2013 - Alex Ferguson, Arséne Wenger, 'Arry Redknapp, Roy Hodgson, Neil Warnock, (all still in their original jobs), Walter Smith (West Ham), Steve Harper, Owen Hargreaves, and Squillaci all retired.
(edited 12 years ago)
On the subject of regens I always struggle to find well rounded ones. They always seem to have one extremely bad flaw. Maybe i'm being too picky but when a player has 1 strength/teamwork/ really poor natural fitness, it puts me off no matter how good their other attributes may be. Anyone else get this?
Just lost 3-1 at Burnley after a strong [domestic] start. Completely ripped half the squad after the match. It'll be interesting to see where things go.
Original post by Ash_TJ

i got to 2062 on one save Liverpool had won 35 leagues and 14 champions leagues

while united where relegated XD

might have something to do with me being in charge of liverpool though

but saying that ive gone 10 year in 5 times an they have always won at least 3 on all of them :/
Original post by Dalimyr
Seems a rather pessimistic estimate. I've had other things taking up my time recently so haven't really been keeping much of an eye on SI's forums but is that their official line or are you just guessing there? The January transfer update is normally released in late February, sometimes creeping into early March. Last year was hopefully just a one-off in that it was due to be out in very early March but was considerably delayed (by a week or two?) because of some critical bugs that were discovered late in the testing phase.

I was guessing a month to update every transfer, put in fixes and update financials seems a bit of a stretch to be out in the same month.

So I asked him he tweeted this back. :smile:

https://twitter.com/#!/milessi/status/164698386275115009
Reply 5316
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Disappointing how badly the AI managers do with Newcastle, with more or less the same team as they have I got to 6th, and won the FA cup. Second summer transfer window I had Chelsea asking about Tim Krul as well...

Yeah I find that annoying with a number of teams.

Liverpool got relegated in my first season :lolwut:.

Original post by The Baron
On the subject of regens I always struggle to find well rounded ones. They always seem to have one extremely bad flaw. Maybe i'm being too picky but when a player has 1 strength/teamwork/ really poor natural fitness, it puts me off no matter how good their other attributes may be. Anyone else get this?

Yep. Although I have scouts based in 15 different countries, so I do tend to find some. At the moment I have too many strikers and central defenders and not enough midfielders though, so my team will be very unbalanced in 5-10 years :lol:. The problem is usually that the ones I do find are already at decent clubs like Roma, who demand £15-20million for a 16 year old.

None of the other Premier League clubs are finding any regens better than mine though, so I figure I'm doing ok.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5317
Original post by AstroZombie1
I was guessing a month to update every transfer, put in fixes and update financials seems a bit of a stretch to be out in the same month.

So I asked him he tweeted this back. :smile:

https://twitter.com/#!/milessi/status/164698386275115009
Fixes are ongoing from the minute a new patch goes live (which would have been...early December for the last one?), database updates to indicate transfers would make sense to be done in dribs and drabs throughout January and into early February as deals are confirmed (which would include confirming that the deal is a full transfer and not just a loan spell, which aren't included in the January transfer update), and updating clubs' financial statuses would probably be done at the same time as player transfers are being edited in. All in all, that stuff should probably be done and dusted by about the second week of February, then the patch goes into rigorous beta testing which would be done over two or three weeks, then if all's well and good the patch gets released :smile:

As for Miles' tweet, the old "It's done when it's done" sort of thing is the standard response for any sensible developer. If they don't have a strict deadline to stick to then there's a little less pressure on them, and they don't get moaned at (as much) if they miss the deadline or they rush it to meet the deadline in a buggy, untidy state :smile: SI have generally been quite consistent, though, with the January transfers patch typically being released anywhere between Feb 21st and Mar 1st (though there have been times where they've released a week either side of that)
Just lost in the semi final of the Euros in extra time against Italy with Scotland. Soooo close. Still, up to 9th in the rankings.
Reply 5319
I so nearly got my Brighton team into the Premiership, I was 2nd in the league with a 5 point gap back to Ipswich in 3rd after 40 games. Then I managed a 5 game losing streak but somehow was only 1 point off 2nd with the last game, I needed both Ipswich and Reading to lose and me to win. I beat Peterborough 2-0 but Reading won. I finished 3rd and now have to fight the play offs. Leicester first then either Portsmouth or Ipswich!

On a side note does anyone know some good, reasonably cheap Championship/Lower Premiership quality players? If I don't go up I doubt I will have a massive budget to strengthen my team. I do have 4 players joining in July on a free, a couple were on the wonderkids shortlist I found.

Latest